Prologue 1 - Introductions 1

_+*-PEPPER'S POV-*+_

I looked around the gym with a bunch of people. I was standing inbetween Candy Corn and The Marketeer, which made me slightly anxious. I didnt know any of these other people. Some cards appeared in our hands, which showed our name and our..."ultimate". I simply backed up to a corner while looking at my card. What is an Ultimate? Why am i a contestant, anyway? I thought about it but decided not to dwell on it. I took a deep breath before I turned into the crowd and walked over to stand beside The Marketeer. The gym doors opened, as most of the people exited the gym. It was quiet inside. I looked around nervously, as Candy Corn left aswell. Eventually, The Marketeer left. I was alone.

^!=CANDY CORN'S POV=!^

I walked through the halls as everyone else. I feel bad for leaving behind Pepper, maybe i should've asked him to come with me. Maybe I'm just being dramatic. I'm sure he's fine here without me, I can handle myself. I left to the kitchen and sat down on a chair. It didn't matter much anyway, it was empty now. As long as I ate something I'd be alright, right? I took a piece of bread from the fridge and nibbled on it while I waited. Everyone else is gone, I guess they went somewhere. Someone entered the kitchen a few minutes before i did. They had white-ish hair, a light pink shirt, a green skirt and a headband. She looked at me, before grabbing something from the fridge. She took a knife and started cutting something. It sounded like she was cutting fruits. I looked back at her, trying not to stare at her in case she felt uncomfortable. The more I kept looking the more I felt like she'd notice if i stared any longer, or worse, recognize me. So I closed my eyes again.

"You look hungry.." She said, while she was putting the chopped fruits in the bowl and making some sort of dough. She took a pie tin and shaped the dough into it. She then placed the chopped up fruits into the tin on the dough, opening the oven and placing the pie into it. She walked over to me, sitting on another chair. She handed me a plate with some apple slices. Her skin looked so smooth, so perfect.. How old is she? And why is she taking care of me? "It's not much, but it might help you calm your nerves.." She said. I opened my eyes, she was smiling softly at me. It was a kind smile, one that made me feel like the most special person ever. Like she cared about me. "Whats...your name?" I asked. I wanted to know more about her. She smiled warmly at me, her eyes shining in the light. "My name is Bonnie, Ultimate Pastry Chef." She giggled lightly. "And who are you?" She asked. My face felt red in the bright lights, she must have noticed how nervous I was getting about what happened, right? I don't want this girl to think I'm weird or anything. 

"Uh...I'm Candy Corn, Ultimate Carnival Owner, i guess..." I replied with a nervous tone. She was really nice though, she seemed cool. "I'm glad you're feeling better now.." She said, still smiling and looking at me. Her lips were slightly parted, her teeth showed slightly, the cutest thing. Wait, what am i thinking? I mean, yes, she's very attractive. But, she seems nice enough. I don't want to make her uncomfortable. I'll just keep my distance. "Thank you.." I said, smiling back at her. She nodded. The oven rang and she stood up, putting on some mittens and opening the oven, taking out the pie and placing it on the table. 

She took a knife and cut the pie, then placing the knife in the sink and taking off the mittens. "Just wait for it to cool down, okay? I'll be going now." She said. I smiled at her, nodding. She walked over to the door, and turned around, walking away. Now im alone. I should get back to Pepper.

_+*-PEPPER'S POV-*+_

I sat in the gym, curled up in a ball. Nobody was here, it was just me. I should leave, i thought. I got up and left. I was shivering like crazy when i took even one step. I tried walking over to the kitchen, only to bump into someone. "Ah!" I yelped, startled. It was someone i didnt recognize. She looked like a rabbit with a light blue dress. "I'm so sorry!-" i apologized, backing away slowly. "Oh no worries. It's been awhile since anyone's been here anyway." she said. "Uh, what's your name?" she asked. "Pepper, Ultimate Swordsman...How about you?" i asked. The rabbit chuckled. "My name is Bunny, Ultimate Archery Master." she replied. "Come with me, i know where the handbooks are." she offered.

"Okay..." i trailed off, still wary about her. We went down the halls, eventually reaching the handbook center. "This place looks...bright." i said. Bunny opened the door, and as we walked in, there was someone there. It was this deformed beige teddy bear. "Uh..." I muttered under my breathe. It took a handbook and turned around. "Hm?"

 "Hm?"