III. Elias's Proposal

THERE WAS A FAMILIAR LEG protruding out of the sofa where Richard was lying yesterday.

Albert and Richard spoke this afternoon, which Elias accidentally overheard.

"You're the only heir of our family. You have a duty to welcome your companion and succeed this family."

"....."

"Your home, and all the things you've enjoyed, they were all given to you as my successor. You don't deserve to be there if you lose your power as the heir."

It was not an ordinary conversation between a grandfather and grandson. In Elias's view, Albert only saw Richard as a stallion to succeed his family, and Richard was resisting his will. That meant he was thinking the same thing as Elias.

There's a saying, "The enemy is an ally."

Elias took courage once more.

If things go well, he might get a strong ally from a Duke with no one on his side.

Of course, he's a temporary ally before the divorce.

"Hello, Duke."

Elias slowly approached the sofa, where Richard was lying, with the idea of greeting him one more time. When he opened his eyes in the morning, Richard had already left the room. And during the day, he couldn't see him. The same happened at dinner time.

"You weren't busy last night, were you? I'll introduce myself again. I am...."

"...Whoa"

"What?"

"It's noisy."

The voice from over the sofa seemed irritated.

'Our Black Dragon seems to be in a very bad mood.'

Elias squinted at the sofa, his lips furrowed. It was impossible to have a conversation with him today.

"Well then... good night."