6. slow pace

▬▬▬not edited

▬▬▬not edited

ᗩᑭᎥᖇᒪ, 7 1998
A date night

ᗩᑭᎥᖇᒪ, 7 1998A date night

★★★

"When I meant a date, I didn't expect it to be in such a beautiful space with such a beautiful view of a pool." Giggled aaliyah as we sat on the patio that lead to a beautiful wide space.

"Relisha told me it would be best. She even gave the house for tonight."

"For tonight?" Aaliyah questioned as sat there in her mini mantle black dress and her shined high heels. "Not like that." I made clear as I planned on nothing but just a nice dinner with her tonight.

"I figured." She slightly whispered with a disappointed look but quickly the look went away as she reached for her drink.

"Wouldn't be bad though. After that kiss friday I just couldn't stop thinking about you."

"Hmm? Did I have you thinking naughty things about me infact?"

"No." Aaliyah rolled her eyes as she quickly moved on from that. "Alright. Let's start this off simply. Let's do a little test of getting to know one another."

"Isn't that the point of why we are here?" I asked reaching for the fork that was infront of me. "Already I can see it. You have a mouth that easily gets you in trouble." She pointed out as she began to notice that I was already eating.

"No really. I'm a little quiet until it comes to people that I'm close with, my real personality comes to light only when I'm comfortable so I won't be judged ya know." I shrugged as I didn't have much to say on that particular question.

"Love the honest." She replied making me chuckle. "Honesty isn't a hard thing to do. I have to say, the only time you'll catch me in a lie is when it comes to food and burrowing socks that I accidentally got mixed up."

"Hmm... good to know. I'll make sure none of my food is near you in the future nor my socks." She made sure to make us both laugh at her own words. She had a quirky humor a thing only I could laugh at.

"I'm guessing you don't like to share?" I questioned as I went along with her little question game. It felt as though our conversation became radical letting one or the other do the only talking we were both going back in forth with it, involving the questioning.

"No. I don't like to share. But only if the person asks and does not just take everything."

"Well in this case I don't take everything. It's called having addicts...see...I do this little th--

"Uh-huh." She hummed as slightly interrupted me to continue. I could tell she wanted to laugh as she saw that I was serious with my explanation.

"You know if you just leave stuff around someone has to pick it up; rather food or not you know you can discover a lot of things."

"Discover a lot of things that don't belong to you." She replied smartly still shining those sparkly eyes at me. Those honey brown eyes, if I were a bee I would be captivated by nature to bloom those eyes only to my sights.

"Yeah yeah, you got a brother there." I pointed out as I felt called out. She only made good points and that was it. Nothing else.

"You additionally right miss aliyah. I do like to discover things." I eyed her down her making her roll her eyes once more. "Cliche jokes?"

"I like old white cliche movies. That's just how it is."

"What's the movie?"

"Crush, pretty woman, dirt dancing, and three of hearts."

"This might not count but sparkle, I loved that movie out of all the rest." I gracefully answered as I made her little eyes twitch. "You watch sparkle?" She asked as she seemed to get a little excited with the comment.

"My mom made me watch it when we were kids."

"Your mother has great taste."

"Yeah, she did." I sadly announced as I tried not to remember the stances of that evil woman.

"She did?"

"Oh!...uh she's not dead or anything. We just don't talk much." I shrugged as I felt the conversation slightly shift.

"Why not?...if you do---"

"Why do you think?" I asked as I waited for her to bring up the problem she and the rest probably knew of.

"Huh..."

"What you do know?"

"About what?" She questioned as she didn't know what I was going on about. I stared the girl in the eyes as I was trying to see if she was fucking with me or if she was genuinely confused.

"I went to jail for assault for about 2-5 years. You know that right?" I asked her. Aaliyah began to smile as she nodded slowly. I couldn't tell if she was serious or not assuming as she was still sitting at the table and not running for her life at the moment.

"Relisa told you didn't she?" I asked making her nod before. "She told me everything about you. Like everything." She girl stated as she kept a laugh. How was she just okay with this? She wasn't scared of me? She wasn't like the rest of me. She didn't mistreat before or after...wow.

"She told me also that you were 17 and your brother was fucking her while she was also 17. He was sleeping with your underage girlfriend at the time, anybody would be upset." She excused it as she felt down her smile. She had to be the third person that understood the situation and understood my truth.

"What blows my mind is no one batted an eye at your brother for it. They all just judged you." Her warm voice filled with sympathy as she felt sad for me. Even though she was understanding I still didn't want to feel sorrow.

"That's how it's always been, they hid the real reason because they didn't want my brother's career to go down in the shackles but they sacrificed me instead and here I am today."

"That's not fair." She stated as she reached for my hand that sat on the table. I held into it. "Everything is not fair but you gotta live your life."

"I'll be fine," I reassured her as my thrumb fell through the top of her hand.

"You see that." The girl pointed as she lifted that smile back on her. "What?"

"That's why I'm so attracted. You don't realize how strong a person you are." She bit her lip as she just stared at me with those eyes, she looked deeply into my soul and I could instantly feel a connection. I knew this was going to be something

"I love strong men that can handle their shit." She confessed. "I like a strong woman who can give men like me the chance without judging me," I confessed back as I saw the girl in a new light. She wasn't innocent, she wasn't the girl next door....no...I was wrong before...

She was a woman who knew what wanted

But we both had to give it time.