chapter 4

06:35
my morning starts with the sound of the awful alarm clock, huh. i just want to kick it out with my hand. i immediately got up and put my feet on the floor. fuck, the floor was cold, like ice. then i looked out the window, and it was open. mmm, it all makes sense now. i left the window open for the night, i forgot to close it again. what an idiot. i quickly went to the bathroom, closing the window.

After finishing my morning routine, I left the room. it was quiet at home. my parents are at work and my brother is out as usual. he's probably out with someone again. i left the house and headed to school. on the way i met Naomi.

-Hello!!!- I shouted to her, giving her a hug🫂
-Hi, she stretched, giving me a mutual hug.
-How's the mood? She asked me.
-super!
Uh-oh. What's up? Nao asks.
-My poodle told me that from now on the dopes are at his house!!! -said I, happy for some reason (Nao knows that Mr. Finn is a poodle. I call him that).
-Oh mai ahah-says Naomi.
-Don't start, Nao... we're just finishing up. -I say, and she laughs.
-she said.
-"Well, how are you doing?" I asked.
-normal, she said.

Finally, we got to school... The first lesson was literature. I love this subject and I always stretch my hands in class...) By the way, I got A's in literature. Suddenly, I got a message from Naomi on my phone. She wrote me that after this lesson she had to retake her math homework, and she asked me to go with her. "Okay," I texted her. The lesson was over. Nao and I were the first to leave the classroom.

-You got a 2 on your homework? -I asked her in surprise, walking down the hall.
-"Yeah," Nao answers me.
-Are you prepared?
-after a "D" I just started studying, and... I think I'm ready to rewrite, she says.
-I smiled.

And here we are, outside the math room.

-Say a prayer for me, Edison, Naomi tells me.
-I patted her on the shoulder and we both walked into the classroom and knocked.
-"Hello," Naomi mumbled to her poodle.
-"Good afternoon, Naomi. Ready to retake your independent study?" Mr. Wolfhard asks, and he spots me.
-d...yeah- mumbled Nao (what is it with her? Is she nervous or is she always like this in front of a poodle?)
-Great. Why are you here, Miss White? Mr. Wolfhard asks.
-"Moral support," I mumbled.
-Okay. The poodle grinned.

we sat at the same desk with Nao and she started writing.

-"Don't give her any prompts, Ms. White," said the teacher, smiling.
-No, you don't-- -I said.

Naomi finished writing and handed in her paper. We were about to leave the room, but the poodle stopped me.

-"Edison, you remember you're taking your midterms at my house today," said the boy.
-am... "Yes, I remember, of course I do," I said.
-I'll send you the address later, see you later- Mr. Wolfard said goodbye, smiling (why does he smile so often? His smile gives me goosebumps).
-Yeah, bye-bye. -I mumbled and left with Nao.
-"What do you think you wrote for?" I asked Nao.
-hopefully for a 4... ♪ I've been preparing, she said ♪
-I hope so, too, I said.

I looked at the timetable and saw that it's matesha... ahhh, why did we leave the office?

-Naomi, we have math now!!! -I shouted at her.
-ah yeah?-she laughed nervously and we went back.

When we entered the classroom, we saw that the class had filled up. fast, though. Nao and I sat at the last desk as if nothing had happened.
He didn't even look at me or call me to the blackboard during the whole class. I'm better off )
The class was finally over.

* after four hours *

-Good luck, Edison. Naomi said to me and left the room.
-"Bye, bye..." I said.

Please play a song: Rosyln-Bon Iver, St. Vincent

I got a message on my cell phone:

stranger: "I have the dope today, hope you remember. Here's the address: *******."