THIRTY-FIVE

GONE

The next morning, Yohan woke up to an empty bed. He worked his hands around Gaon's side of the bed, only to find it cold. He sat up immediately to find the other man. Looking around he found Gaon's phone on the nightstand,but no trace of the man.

He unlocked Gaon's phone to see a photo of them on the lockscreen, which made him smile.

Yohan slowly got out of the bed putting on a shirt. Going downstairs he found Madam Ji working on breakfast at the oven and Elijah sitting at the table looking longingly at a hairclip.

"Have you seen Gaon?"

Both Madam Ji and Elijah looked up to find Yohan's dishelved bed hair state.

Both of them shake their heads. As they both went back to what they were doing. Frowning Yohan mumbled to himself.

"He left his phone. Where is he?"

He went out of the kitchen to call Heesu. "Heesuya. Did you take Gaon somewhere? He left his phone at home!"

Heesu was surprised. "No. I didn't."

"Oh. Okay."

He called Yoon Soohyun too. "Yoon Soohyun ssi. Is Gaon with you?"

Soohyun's surprised and concerned voice filled the speaker. "No! What happened? Did you two have a fight?"

"No. He even asked me to....." Then stopped mid sentence. As if realising something. "No it's okay. Do you happen to know is there a way Gaon can deceive me?"

Soohyun stayed silent for a few moments. Contemplating if she can tell the mafia what Gaon actually was doing. Then thought against it.

"I don't think I'm the one who should say this. It would be better if Gaon says it himself. Ask him when he comes back. I'm sure he will tell you."

"Okay. Thank you."

After disconnecting the phone he went back to the kitchen only to find Elijah in the same position he left her in.

"What's with that hairclip?"

"It's his last gift." Elijah answered surprisingly calmly.

"Last gift? His last gift? Who?"

Elijah looked up calmly but there were traces of tears in her eyes.

"Kim Gaon."

Yohan could have said something in reply to that, but before he could, Kim Heesu came with the police right behind.

"We're here to arrest you for the kidnap of Mr. Nam Cheolsu."

The police declared without mercy.

"Detective Kim Gaon has already submitted all the required proofs, so please refrain from trying to prove otherwise. You have the right to be silent and an attorney."

The police cuffed the hands of a dumbfounded Yohan. On the other side Elijah tried to convince that her uncle didn't do anything. But everything fell on deaf ears.

The name that the police uttered startled Yohan so much that he didn't say anything even when he was being taken away in the police car.

Maybe in his heart Yohan thought he might be able to meet Gaon when he goes to the police station, but he was wrong.

Yohan didn't meet Gaon at the police station.

In fact that's the day Gaon disappeared from Yohan's life without a trace.

That day after Yohan was arrested, Elijah contemplated on how to tell Yohan about what Gaon said.

She remembered how Gaon came to her last night. She was tired a bit, and waiting for the next class with her eyes closed when Gaon knocked on her room and entered.

He saw her eyes closed and thinking she's sleeping he didn't wake her up. He put the hairclip on the table as he slightly caressed her head with affection.

"I'm sorry Elijah." Gaon had said. "Find Soohyun when you want to go eat Tteokbokki. And please remember me. Even though I hurt both you a lot, please remember me. In this world, I only have you two left who I can call family."

And when he left he had whispered, "I won't hurt your uncle anymore. So please forgive me."

And Gaon had disappeared. From their lives, without a news. As if he has disappeared from the face of the earth. As if he didn't exist in their life to begin with. The only trace was that he has left his phone.

Yohan has become a different man. He has become crueler but calmer.

He stayed in jail for a few months and then got out. His case was verdicted as self defence. God knows how he managed to prove that. But after serving jail time he left to find his niece who was waiting outside with Kim Heesu.

He met the two people at his car and realised how he missed the young woman. Elijah was smiling slightly at him.

From the outside it looked like they both have forgotten Gaon's existence. But only they know how much they still missed the said man.

Even in jail Yohan did everything to find Gaon. Yoon Soohyun helped him a lot. But even the so called best friend of the younger man couldn't find any trail of the man. He has completely removed himself from their lives.

It's cruel and heartless how Gaon has left without any goodbye. But yet Yohan wanted to understand him. If this is what Gaon meant by deceiving him then he was ready to forgive him. He just wanted the younger man back in his arms, like the night before he left.

He just wanted him back and forget the last six months happened.

But life isn't as easy. All of the things happened and now Gaon wasn't with him. That was his reality. He had to make peace with it.

But even in the emptiness there was a promise. At least he was okay somewhere out there. He was not completely gone. He was in their memory. As Gaon wanted.

'You will always be in my heart Gaon ah.' Yohan thought.

And moved on to finish the game he was getting distracted from.

Dropping Elijah off at the mansion and a small meal after, when Kim Heesu took Yohan to the office, Yohan got in with a new enthusiasm.

He looked back at his right hand man.

"Heesuya, let's play the last round."

The smile that they both sported was cruel and sinister. It could ruin anyone's life and this time Yohan decided it will be ones who made him suffer.

Until we meet again!

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Hello everyone! So, here's the end! Let's see! Yohan paid for his crimes, Gaon left, and they moved on? So that's a good past to end this story!

Tell me what you think in the comments! This is abrupt I know!

But please give this story some love!
Enjoy!
All the love
C 💕

Also please don't forget to vote!! ⭐⭐