9

"I like this." I smiled. How beautiful. An apartment like this? And all mine? I can't believe I was renting a place like this for my own. "When can I move in?" I asked the lady.

"Oh immediately! Whenever you're ready! As long as we sign the contract, you're welcome!"
My smile widened. A fresh feeling was gripping onto my chest. Looking at my new home felt incredible. A great start. A new start.

It has been a month, September 4th, and still no sight has been seen from Joe. This wasn't like him, but I was happy he finally has given up on me. I was feeling unburdened and free from every situation that put me in hardship.

I was living for myself so far.
And that has been great.

Looking up at my new apartment has brought me a lot of good energy that claimed down my spine. A great view of the city from the window, it was all white and I couldn't wait to add something coloring to it!

The apartment came with great appliances and I was relieved I didn't have to do much about buying a fridge or even a bed, even though I had to pay a little extra, but it was totally worth it.

A vibration in my jacket has broke our conversation and chuckles of how excited I was to move in. I immediately excused myself and step a head to see an unknown number.

"Hello? With Viviana." I answered and a loud scream broke into my ear. It was so loud that I had to pull my phone far away from my direction. Almost broke my eardrum.

"It's fucking her!" A familiar voice spoke. "Girl, where the fuck are you?!" I recognize that voice.

It was no one else other than her.

"Jessica?" My smile grew wider. "I've changed my phone number...sorry that I haven't called, how have you been?" I excitedly asked.

"Good, it's just that..? Do you have fifty bucks, just till the end of the month?" a serios tone rang my ear, but once again a laugh broke it. "Kidding. Look girl, today is my birthday and I can't just party with my hoes and you're not in between!"

"Damn..." I cracked up. "Thirty-six already?"
I laughed and she let out a hurtful wince in irritation.

"Don't even remind me...instead of throwing a party, I should throw a funeral." tears started to drip down my eyes at how much I laughed at her attitude.
"Anyways. Tonight, at 8 and I'll send you the address. Please show up sexy!"

I couldn't even tell her what and a no when she has already hung up in my face.
How did she even get my new number?

~

"Viviana right here!" I followed the sight of my name and there they were. Smiles welcomed me warmly and I immediately fell into Jessica's arms. She smelled like jasmine and she looked like one too as well, totally stunning and gorgeous in her white slit dress and gleaming makeup look. "I missed you so much!-"

"Happy eighteenth birthday!" I pulled away to hand her a small present bag. I wanted to fix her mood with my words. As we all know. She hated to age. She loved to stay young and feared the day that would make her a grandma.

"You see, none of these bitches said that to me!" She faked a glare to all of them before laughing it off again. "Take a seat, lovely!" I gave her a nod and puled a chair out.

It's going to be a long night.

~

It was fun between them, their yelling and loud giggling noises were cheering to my loner heart. It brought me out of my overthinking and reanalyzed my decisions again. I was happy like this and mostly now that we found contact back to each other. This was what I wanted.

We had dinner and laughed long together, a conversation ended and a conversation started. I was feeling better to be between them, I felt fresh and with them, I got to leave the routine j was getting used to. Wake up at the hotel, walk down in the city, coffee, and the rest of my meals all are fast food, having dinner with them has brought joy to my heart and stress relief to my thoughts.

I was happy to know someone still cared about me since the day I left that place.

"By the way Viviana." Jessica spoke up.
"Have you heard?" My eyes narrowed and set down my drink, I was not sure of what I've heard about. "Joe?" She gave me more hints. And Joe has been burned from my mind recently.

"I didn't, no..?" I wish she didn't mention him right now, but it is what it is. His name will haunt me every day of my life. I can't run.

"He's arrested dude!" She scoffed before laughing it off. "That fuck was a rapist. You know the same night you left that club, the cops came with a mother complaining that he kept bothering her 15-year-old daughter. Eventually, the cops found more events of him sexually assaulting minors. "

I really wanted to feel surprised, I wanted to be as shaken as they all were, but remembering the fact I was also a young, innocent victim who did nothing but be hell in love with a guy she wanted to trust and give everything to.

I couldn't be surprised honestly, I only felt damaged and sorry for the mothers who watched their daughter's pain in front of their eyes. I was thankful a mother saved her baby, satisfaction washed through me hearing him get arrested and the fiction of him being in a dark place, forced to stay in a place that always has been put as his fear, has brought me up on my legs stronger and full with power.

He finally got what he deserved.

"Anyways, why is the bartender kinda?" her quirky smile light up mine, but the others couldn't help but sigh in annoyance and roll their eyes. "What? He literally smiled and winked at me earlier, didn't you see that?" she scowled.

"Jess stop being delusional and slutting around, find a job at first. " Nancy spoke and all of them laughed but I couldn't. We all knew Jessica loved to pole dance and enjoyed the satisfaction of human eyes burying in her skin. She loved her job and hearing her quit shocked me the most.

"You quit?" All of their eyes were pierced on me.

"Nope, but the club has gotten shut down, after what Joe has done, Mr. Williams has decided to resign the contract between them two and shut down the strip club. Currently, none of us has a job..." The silence went on this table. "Yeah girl, sadly you missed a whole chapter." I totally did.

I didn't have a job, neither did they.
Gosh, what was going on? What is happening?

"Anyways! I think we should go ahead to the bar..? Right?" our eyes scanned her nervousness and the need she had to talk to that guy. "Y'all are so rude! He clearly wants me! And I smell betrayal! Vivi, don't you think so?" I gulped watching her arms cross over her chest.

"Absolutely! He clearly is into you!" I smiled which made the others burst out laughing.

"Exactly! You guys can drink water and air, me and Viviana will have fun and get wasted, bye losers." I was getting dragged away without even being able to have a breath, but having a drink sounds much of fun.