The sun started to come up; as I open my eyes I adjust to the brightness since I left home at night. I heard chatter outside. I turned my head to find an empty sleeping bag. I open my backpack to wear a sweater and a pair of sweatpants.

As soon as I changed, I fix myself up, although I don't know what my physical state looks like. I unzip the tent and got out. Infront of me were Cyrus, Soren, and Scarlett laughing and giggling, then chatting.

"Good morning, Mud Puddles!" Cyrus greets me with an limited edition smile. I got Scarlett 'good-morning' expression and a smile. And toothy smile from Soren.

"Morning," I greet back. I walk away from the three and go a little farther away but where everybody would still see me. I walk towards a tree. Birds chirping, bees were buzzing. The tree was quite low with long branches. I climb onto it and - good thing it's easy to climb on - I reach the a sturdy branch that could support me and maybe a few more. Maybe I should buy something that I can make into a a net on the tree. I lay down - cautiously - and rest for a bit.

"Hey," I sit up quickly and look around. Nobody. I felt a soft tugging on my sweater and I quickly turn over to see August. This time his hair is messier and he looks more relaxed. "hi, you okay?" He reassures.

"Oh sorry, yeah I'm okay, you?" I look at him. His wavy hair getting in his face and interrupting out eye contact. But his eyes never looked away. "Yeah," he sighs, "I'm good. Oh by the way," I look up, "What's your favorite colour?"

"Like a dark green. What's your favourite colour, August? I ask. "Blue," He answered quickly. "That's a nice colour," I compliment, smiling. I look up to see August staring into the void.

"Can I ask something Y/N?" He questions, locking eye contact. "Yeah, sure." I respond. "You don't have to answer, but I'm curious, are running away? And why?" He asks, without cutting contact.

"Well, I am running away." I hesitate. "But I'm running away from my father, mostly." I say, remaining contact.

"Oh," He adds sympathetically, "Y'know... Cyrus, Scarlett, Tristin, Soren, and I had ran away, too. We met one by one. And we bought tents for all of us. I guess you an call us outcasts, but maybe you can join? Like the six musketeers?"

"August," I giggle. "There's five musketeers, not six!" I smile.

"But, in this story yeah." He smiles back. I scooch over and give him a hug.

"Hey!!" A unrecognizable voice shouted behind us, "Aren't you two hungry!?!?" It was Scarlett, she was with a croptop and with baggy dark blue jeans.

"Hell, yeah we are!!" August shouts back with his hand surrounding his mouth. "Come'n Y/N," He says, "let's go."

We run through the trees while whooping like crazy.

______________________________________

Hey :)
How's your day going?