Deet/Hup: Heet.

3/10

I get it was for laughs and stuff and wasn't a real relationship, but it honestly feels so mean to Hup. If they ever gave him a real love interest I wouldn't mind, but knowing Rian and Deet are supposed to be together, it just feels so unfair to him for me.

Plus, it's probably weird with the whole species thing and how much she treats him as a friend, which she totally has the right to do, but it makes Hup's feelings just feel sad to me. I don't know, I get it's supposed to be light hearted and cute, but I just really want better and something more foundational for Hup if that makes sense? I really wanna see the little guy with a true partner and being happy. Plus, him having a friendship with Rian felt very forced and fast (though it's admittedly due to screen time which AoR should've gotten more of as a show).

Overall: I feel it would've been waaaay better as just a best friend friendship without the crush entirely, but I'm glad it's clear they aren't meant to be together. I'm glad it's not cannon and just a one sided crush, but it would've been better if more boundaries were set between the two to make sure the audience knew what the show writers were getting towards.