Ch. 2

We got to the hospital and they rushed me to a room."Patient age 5. Gender- Female, has been deeply cut with a beer bottle still containing alcohol. She states that it has been done by her step father, David Garcia. A suspect age 35, Male, and has been reported for other illegal actions and activities." I heard what sounded like a man's voice about the age of 45. My eyes quickly fluttered open as a flash of bright white light reflecting off my eyes. I looked around and saw a Police Man speaking with the same Doctor as before in the ambulance. "Could you get me her file please?" The Doctor said to the Police Man, this could only mean trouble. I saw them get out the files and finally it seemed like they found mine. Them not knowing i was Transgender was issue i was about to face. I had no clue if they were against people like me, and I was in a blanket of fear and anxiety. I saw their facial expressions change from warm, welcoming, helpful, and caring, to disgusted and pitiful. They turned toward me, and muttered under their breaths, "People like you are not welcome here..." "But, sir..I need---" "Pack your shit and get out. now." He said sternly, Then anger took over his face. The Doctor then grabbed the glass necklace my mother had given me before I Left, and threw it over to me, my vision was still blurry and I couldn't see where it was. I tried catching it but I failed, as I saw the glass cross shatter into a thousand pieces onto the tile floor. I sit there in shock, my vision clearing up perfectly at that exact moment, so I could see the glass shimmering in the ceiling light from above. I stare at the broken glass, recalling memories from earlier. You think it's okay to be dressing up like a little girl Jospeh! Wearing dresses and makeup, losing your masculinity! They handed me my clothes, told me to get dressed and leave. I stood there, "why do these people have the right to completely deny someone medical help?!" I stood there, rage boiling inside of me. "Get out now." The Doctor said harshly. The officer reached for his gun. That's when I knew it was time to give up. I walked away. Now let's skip a little further, living with my step father was a living hell, my mother couldn't divorce him, because he was the person who was keeping our family together. Buying food, clothes, paying the bills. Now, I'm here.... In a crappy school with a bunch of crappy people, but there was one girl i met who was different. Instead of calling me names and looking at me weird, Emily simply said, "Hey." And actually treated me like an actual human being. We saw each other every day at school and lunch. She was really the only thing that made me want to get out of bed in the mornings.