Ch. 3

"Oh my god..." I muttered under my breath as I turned to the brown haired boy sitting across from me. "What it is Emily?" He asked in concern, his blue eyes fixed on mine. I turned my body to face his and i put my IPhone up to his face. He read the article and sighed. "They took down another one of our websites..." "All I want to do is show that we care for the LGBTQ Community!" I yelled in frustration as i put my hair back behind my ear. "What is so bad about being different!" "Emily- calm down..." "I can't 'calm down' Jospeh, this is the-" "It's Jill!" Joseph yelled loudly, cutting me off. I looked down at my shorts, and sighed. "Im sorry...Jill, It's just that this is our 4th website that has been taken down because of homophobic people." "I know Emily, we still have to keep trying though. We are doing the best we can..."

This is our everyday lives, Fighting for the LGBTQ Community and Gender Miscommunication. My friend, Joseph, (Although he likes to be called Jill) helps me create websites, clothing, jewelry, and many other things for the LGBTQ Supporters Community. We are two Middle School students who understand that being "Different" is hard, and we want to show the world that being Gay or Lesbian ect., is okay. There are way too many homophobic people in the world and we want to take a stand against it. I sit back against the frame of Joseph's bed, as I looked at the Gay Pride flag hung against his wall.

"What if the balloon I wanted when I was born wasn't a blue one, what if I wanted it to be pink..." I heard Joseph say, sounding as if he was about to cry.I quickly noticed his tone and I moved to face him, he was staring up at his ceiling, tears streaming down his cheeks. "What do you mean Jill?" I asked softly."I know," Joseph took a deep breath in and exhaled. "I am a boy...but, i feel like." He stopped and corrected himself. "I want to be a girl emily..." I just sit there looking back at his facial expression as it turned from sad to embarrassed, and I think I even saw some anger. "That explains it..why he likes to be called Jill..."I thought to myself. I never really thought about why he liked to be called Jill, or why he even yelled at me for calling him by his real name. I got up and i sat on the end his bed. "Jill..." I whispered. "That suites you...it's pretty." I said, smiling slightly looking at Joseph's face. He looked back at me, and i saw a smile slowly fade onto his face. "Emily, would you still be my friend if-" "You were a girl? If you were to be Transexual? Jill. We support, I support those kinds of people and you know that. If you want to be a girl then by all means, be a girl! I will always be there for you, no matter what Gender you identify as, or what your Sexuality is. I will be there, Always." I said, locking onto his sapphire blue eyes.

Joseph sat up from his bed and walked to his closet, he opened it and pulled out an old looking safe,rusty and dirty, with a rainbow heart lock on the front of it. He walked toward the bookshelf near his bed and pulled out a black book, covering the front was a black lace. He opened the book and it was hollow, holding a silver key. He looked down at the key and picked it up, walking towards the safe once again he faintly said, "My mom...knows i am Transgender, and she even helped me pick out my clothes...I have hair extensions for my hair to make it longer- to make me more like a girl..." "She knows?" I asked surprised knowing that his parents were homophobic. "Yeah, my step dad was the one who didn't like that I'm Transgender-" He stopped and his face turned into a scared expression, he then looked down. " My mom supports me though, so thats good..." "Im glad you have support Jill," I started, I was concerned about his emotional state. "But are you alright? You seemed a little-" "I'm fine." He replied, cutting me off.