A Tale of Two Hearts.

Warnings: Drinking, swearing, fluff
Category: !FTM Spencer x !FTM Male [slowburn / fluff]
Word count: 4.8k
_________________________________
It was my first day on the job and I'm already late. "Great." I think to myself as I'm scrambling out of bed to get ready. In a hurry, I try to grab my nicest clothes that don't make me look like I just grabbed them off my bedroom floor. I heard three quick taps on the other side of my bedroom door.

"Hey y/n! Your breakfast is ready." Shouts my roommate and best friend , Aidyn, over the sound of me tripping over my own feet.

"Great thanks, be out in a minute." I call back as I'm finish getting dressed.

I look in the mirror in my bathroom and try to make myself look more alive than I feel. As I'm trying to find a tie to put on, I spot my favorite lilac purple tie to compliment the rest of my deep purple outfit. Throwing it on and quickly tying it, I fix my hair and walk out of the room to the kitchen where I see my best friend with two pieces of toast and a cup of coffee in her hands waiting for me.

"Mornin sleepyhead," she says with a shy smirk, "ready for the big day? Remember, when you get rich, you're buying me a house."

I look at her with a glare, "I doubt I'll be making much money if I don't immediately get fired for being late. Speaking of which, what time is it?" I ask as I look at my friend.

"I have no idea but you should probably get going." She says smiling as she hands me a to-go-cup of coffee and toast.

"Did you steal cups from that coffee place you work at? You know what, nevermind. I don't wanna know. Bye!" I call as I grab my satchel and go-bag, heading out the door. Once I'm finally in the parking lot of our apartment building, I find my car and hop in. It was still pretty early and I had a little over 15 minutes to get to where I needed to go. I turn on my favorite relaxing playlist to hopefully counterbalance the nerves flowing through me right now. I'm not only nervous about working at the FBI, but also about being late on my first day. I hated being late in general but working for the government? I could only imagine the cons of showing up late for such a high-profile job.

Just as a song was finishing, I pull into Quantico's FBI headquarters. I look at my hair in the side mirrors and fix the nest of dark brown hair that looked decent when I left home. "Damn wind messing up my hair." I thought as I get out of my car and grab my things. I walk into the huge building and ask the receptionist for directions to the BAU. She smiled at me and tells me to go to the sixth floor and walk straight ahead. I do as she says and eventually find the elevators to take me to the proper floor.

Once the large metal doors open, I walked out and look straight ahead to see glass doors with the BAU emblem on it. As I try to straighten out my tie and walk through the doors at the same time you're suddenly stopped by a very bubbly woman dropping her papers all over the floor. Once I look up and realized I've just run into her, I immediately scramble to help her clean up her things.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry! Here, let me help you with that!" I say frantically as I'm squatting down to help her clean up her papers.

"It's no issue at all, don't worry," Says the mysterious women as she gives me a large toothy smile. "I'm Penelope Garcia by the way, you must be the new guy... y/n  y/l/n if I'm not mistaken?"

I give her a blank look and eventually snap back to reality and nod my head as I hand her papers back to her. "Nice to meet you Ms. Garcia!" I beam at her, outstretching my hand.