Chapter 2

Jane's POV

She walked up to me and I quickly stood up straight and swallowed the lump in my throat.

"Your new here arent you?" She asked with no emotion on her face, shes just like what people mentioned.

"Yes Ma'm" I replied and she was looking deep into me like she was going to take my soul.

"Welcome" She said and put her hand out, I shook it gently.

"Salamat po Ma'm" I said after breaking the handshake. She then gave me a last look and walked away, leaving the 7th floor.

I wiped my sweat and looked at Joj.
"Parang hindi naman syang masungit, na nervous pa ako sa para san" I said but Joj shook her head.

"Hindi mo pa nakita sya pag galit, nakakatakot, talaga" She said. "Sige, sabi mo eh" I said as we walled towards the elevator to leave the building.

That was the only encounter I made with Ms. Salvador, she was always busy.

The next few days later, present day.

I was rushing because an elevator was about to close so I was speed walking until a hand in between the elevator doors stopped it for me.

I stopped walking quickly and caught my breath, I was about to enter the elevator but widened my eyes after seeing it was Ms. Salvador.

I quickly turned around and held my breath in out of panic. "Arent you going to get in De Leon?" She asked and I widened my eyes even more, why is she calling me by my last name, its making me nervous.

"U-uhm Ma'm kasi iba po yung floor ko so mag iintay nalang ho ako" I said as I slowly turned around to face her.

"You do know how an elevator works right?" She asked. "After it takes me to my floor you can press the button and it'll take you to your floor" She added with her arms crossed.

"U-Uh akala ko po kasi ma didisturb ko po kayo" I said while scratching my nape.

"Just get in before I change my mind" She said and I nodded quickly as I took a step inside the elevator and stood next to her.

She pressed her floor.

It was dead silent and awkward, I was almost sweating.

Finally the elevator doors opened and Ms. Salvador was about to walk out until she stopped. "Actually, can you come here so I could talk to you properly" She said and I furrowed my eyebrows but got out of the elevator.

"I want to let my employees know that i'll be treating everyone to dinner later at the restaurant down by the street, its for their hard work" She told me but still keeping a straight and emotionless face.

"So let them know alright" She said and I nodded, I was about to turn around and go back into the elevator.

"Are you coming?" She asked.
"Saan po?" I asked.
"To the dinner" She replied.

"Ah, titingnan ko po kay Joj Ma'm, pag sumama sya sama narin ho ako" I said.

"Okay" She replied and walked away.

Once I got to my floor I told Joj about it.
"Talaga?" Joj asked.
"Oo sabi nya" I replied.

"Huy treat daw mamaya sa dinner ni Ms. Salvador, sa restaurant down the street!" Joj shouted which caught everyones attention.

"Pupunta din si Ms. Salvador so mag ayos kayo" Joj added. "Sama ka?" I asked Joj. "Oo naman" She replied.

"Sige" I said and took a seat at my desk.

_______

Hours later

Janella's POV

"Yes Ma'm"

"Salamat po Ma'm"

Why is her voice echoing in my head!?

I sighed as I rested my back on my office chair while sitting at my table.

I checked the time on my phone and realised it was time to go to dinner.

I stood up and put on my purse and fixed my hair, I left my office and locked it.

I then went on the elevator and once I got to the first floor I noticed some of my employees were already getting into their cars.

"Bye po Ma'm" A guy said as he passed by me.
I ignored it.

I continued walking til I reach outside where I reached my car, I got inside and started driving towards the restaurant.

Once I arrived and got inside I looked for the table and saw my employees already there. They waved to me as I sat down.

I was confused on why Jane wasnt here but her best friend Joj was.

"Hey Joj" I said and she looked at me.
"Wheres your friend?" I asked her.
"Si Jane po Ma'm?" She asked and I nodded.

"Nasa cr lang ho" She replied and I nodded.
"Single ba sya?" I heard a guy ask Joj, I listened quietly.

"Bat ko sasabihin sayo? Hindi ikaw ang type nya" Joj replied. "Oh? Edi anong type nya? Mapangit?" The guy replied.

"Pfft- Mapangit- Ikaw nga yung mapangit kaya hindi ka type nya" Joj said.

Finally, there she was, the voice she owned that was echoing my head all day, and those eyes that somehow attracted me, they were like magnets.

"Oh! Hi po Ma'm" Jane said as she sat down next to Joj. "Hey" I replied.

The waiter then came up to our table.
"Mag iinuman ba kayo?" I asked them.
"If you want to its fine, its my treat" I said.

They nodded yet Jane didnt, she was on her phone and it bugged me, that wasnt likely of me, nothing bugs me.

"De Leon" I seriously and she looked up at me, so as the employees.

"Po?" she said.
"I asked if you were getting beer or not" I said and crossed my arms.

"Ay! Sorry po! Sige ho, salamat" She said.
"Get beer for everyone and could we order the food combo" I told the waiter who nodded.

God damn it, Jane was back to texting.

Who was she texting anyway?

Why was I interested anyway!

Minutes later the food finally arrived.

But I took the beer first, "Lets give a cheers everyone" I  said and I put my drink up, so did everyone else.

We clinked our drinks together and drank it.
I chugged mine and after, I noticed stares at me.

"What are you all waiting for? Arent you hungry" I said as I put my empty glass cup down.

We all started to eat, including Jane.
Her cheeks were red from drinking, it was cute.

"Kaylangan ko isagot yung tawag" Jane told Joj and stood up. "Kaya mo ba? Lasing kana baka ano pa masabi mo" Joj said.

"Oo naman!" Jane replied and left the table.

__________________________________