Chapter 25

Janella's POV

The next day

It was morning and I was currently stroking Jane's hair while she was sleeping.

*Buzz, buzz*

I sat up carefully, making sure I didnt wake Jane.
I took my phone off the bed table and checked what the notification I got was.

It was my dad. I opened the chat.

Dad: Hey Janella anak, im going home today just for a week I cant wait to see you. I'll be here at 6pm, we should maybe catch up.

I felt excited because I could introduce Jane.

Janella: Alright dad thanks for letting me know, if I have time I might just come to the airport

I replied.

I felt Jane moving and looked at her.
"Who are you texting?" She asked and sat up, stretching her arms.

"My dad is coming here today from abroad" I said and she raised both her eyebrows. "Talaga?" She asked. I nodded, "I cant wait to introduce you to him" I said.

"Should I be nervous?" She asked.
I smiled, "Theres nothing to worry about, who wouldnt love you" I said.

Timeskip

It was currently 5 turning 6 soon and I was at the airport waiting for my dad.

Once I saw him he was smiling, he hugged me tight.
"Hey Dad!" I said and hugged him back.

"Kamusta naman ang anak ko?" He asked while we started walking. "Okay lang ako Dad, ikaw naman?" I asked. "Ive been great, greater now that Ive seen you" He said.

"Actually Dad I have news" I said and stopped walking. "Ano yan?" He asked. "Im dating someone" I said.

"Talaga? You and Markus got back together?" He asked. "What? No! No way, what are you talking about?" I asked and he raised both his eyebrows.

"I sent him here to get you to date again" He said.
"What do you mean?" I furrowed my eyebrows.
"Markus is a very great man, hes rich, famous, and handsome. Plus he comes from a great family, his family and I get along" He continued.

"Thats why I sent him back here, he was working with me for a while if you didnt know" He added.

"But I dont want to date Markus" I said.
"I dont like him" I added.

He sighed, "Bakit ba? Whats the truth? Whats there not to like about him?" He asked.

"Its not that Dad, Im dating someone I really love" I said. "Sino yan?" He asked. "Anong klasing lalake-"

"Woman" I interrupted.
"Shes my employee" I added.

He widened his eyes, "Are you crazy?!" He asked.
"Why would you date your employee?!" He raised his tone.

"Bakit?" I said confusedly.
"It will ruin your company" He said.

"Jea have you forgotten its forbidden? That was my rule" He said. "If word gets out-"

"Dad dont worry I never told anyone" I said and he sighed. "Janella you need to break up with whoever your dating" He said.

"No way?!" I replied.
"I dont want to argue with you Janella" He said and continued walking.

"I just arrived and I dont want to argue with you" He added.

"But-"
"No buts Janella! I already had you arranged to marry Markus!" He yelled.

"I want whats best for you Janella and you have to trust me, marry Markus" He added.

"Im not doing that, I love my girlfriend" I replied bravely.

"You have no choice!" He shouted and stopped walking. "Your my daughter and I have raised you, you wont be an embarassment to me" He said coldly.

I hated the fact I could sort of see myself in him, my cold old self and that cold, emotionless stare.

I held in my tears.

"Embarrasment? All I wanted was for you to be proud of me but it seems that, that will never happen. I am so done trying for you" I cried out.

"I am done trying for someone who doesnt care about me, if mom was still here she'd be disappointed in you" I added and he looked speechless.

"I should get home, my girlfriend is waiting. I cant believe I was excited to introduce her to someone like you" I said and walked away.

"Janella" He said.
"Janella! Dont walk out on me your being disrespectful!" He shouted but that didnt stop me.

"You cant get rid of this! I will come by your office tomorrow! I'll even speak to your girlfriend if I have to" He added and I stopped walking.

I clenched my jaw and curled up my fist.

I turned around, facing him.

"Dont you ever hurt Jane" I said.
"You dont have permission to hurt the only person that actually makes me happy!" I yelled.

"If you do that I will never forgive you, I will make you pay, so dont touch her" I added.

I knew the ways and how my dad played tricks, I saw the way he hurt people back then, like..my mom.

I was scared that was going to happen to Jane but I know I will never let that happen.

I wasnt going to let him do that to Jane.

I want to forget about him, I didnt see a father in him anymore.

I started walking away but bumped into Markus, who was standing behind me.

__________________________________