VII. Stuck

TW: abuse (neck grabbing, wrist grabbing. )

"I'm not stuck."

"yes y/n, you are."

He parts his hand from your chin and attempts to wipe your smudged makeup from under your eyes. He sighs and turns to grab a t shirt sitting on his bed. He begins to wipe your face with it, and more tears fell as you looked at him. He wiped them too.

"Stop it, I can't keep up," he laughed, as they just kept falling. You giggled too and he finished.

"Thank you," you whispered. He nodded with an apologetic smile. He hands you the pen. You thank him once more and take a few rips, trying to make yourself feel better.

"So where are you from?"

"New York."

"City?" he asks. You nodded, pulling your night dress down. "I've been there before. Strange city but... amazing."

"Yeah. I agree," you laugh. "I miss my house. I miss my room."

"Mm my flat was pretty small. Same with my room. Bloody tiny. You're a lucky girl."

Not really.

"...I'm really tired. I should probably go back down there."

"Oh. Alright. Goodnight y/n."

"Goodnight Sam. ...Thank you."

He nodded and watched you disappear down the ladder. You crawl back over Nick and mange to wreath back into his arms.

You listened to the sound of his heartbeat and the faint music from Sam's headphones. They didn't work very well because you fell asleep to the sound of The Byrds, The Cranberries, and what you were sure was the Beastie Boys. He was really sweet.

***

In the morning, you woke up to a warm feeling on your lips, making you smile. When you felt a cold hand on your head, moving your tussled hair, your eyebrows furrowed and you were met by Nick. He gently kissed you and smiled when he saw your eyes. You were nearly blinded by the sunlight reflecting off the white walls as it shone through the windows high up towards the ceiling.

"Good morning princess."

"Good morning," you mumbled, blocking the light with your hands.

"You gotta get up."

You sat up and looked around at the guys getting ready in their black jackets over their white shirts, spraying cologne, and combing hair.

"Nick."

"What?" he says, turning around, revealing his bare torso. He was absolutely jacked. His body was perfect and he looked so strong.

"Uhm, I need clothes."

"Shit," he mumbled, looking down at his watch.

"A-And I need my toothbrush, and makeup and my bag-"

"Hey, relax."

"Shit, here," Charles says, handing you a blue collared shirt and gray crewneck.

"Bottoms?" You asked through a weak, nervous smile. Sam jumps up.

"Grace has her stuff here."

That's when it hit you. You now remembered sitting at the lunch table, seeing her on his lap as she and her friend made you cry in front of everyone. Also the girl who got yelled at by Cordelia as she was whispering about you with Alice. Grace.

He comes to you with a skirt. You slip it on and it falls to your knees. The waist was too big and sat like row-rise jeans. You go to the bathroom quickly to fix your hair and tie a hair elastic to tighten your skirt. Nick comes in the bathroom and pulls you out. Before you head out the door together, you turn around.