Chapter 1- The Feild

Freya, Maeve, Freddie, Jamie, and Sean had been the best of friends since they were young. They had grown up in a small town in the welsh countryside where there wasn't much to do, but they always found ways to entertain themselves. As they got older, they explored different interests, but they always came back to each other.

On a warm summer night in mid July the five friends had decided to hang out in a nearby field. They had brought some beer and weed and were lying on blankets, looking up at the stars. They were chatting about random topics when Sean suddenly started talking about conspiracy theories. They spoke for hours about many different theories... Aliens, Mandela affects you name it.

"I heard that the earth is hollow," Sean said, his voice serious.

Freya rolled her eyes. "Come on, Sean. You can't seriously believe that. There's no evidence for it."

Sean shrugged. "I'm just saying, it's a possibility. We don't know everything about our planet."

Maeve laughed. "I think Sean's just been smoking too much."

Freddie chimed in laughing. "the greens getting to your last braincells seany boy"

"nah I swear, there was this guy admiral Byrd and he went there and seen it and..." explained sean but not before interruption.

"aye course he did, have more of this." maeve interjected passing him a joint.

The group continued to joke and laugh, enjoying their summer night. Jamie suddenly announced that he needed to pee and headed off to the bushes.

"Be careful, Jamie," Freya called out after him.

Jamie waved his hand dismissively. "I'll be back in a minute."

The others barely noticed Jamie's departure, continuing to chat and enjoy their drinks. But after a few minutes, they realized Jamie hadn't come back.

"Jamie?" Maeve called out.

No response.

"Jamie, where are you?" Freddie shouted.

Silence.

Sean suggested they go look for him, but Freya was hesitant. "What if he's just messing with us?" she said.

Maeve shook her head. "nahh... No way. Jamie's not like that."

Freddie agreed. "Yeah, he's not the type to just ditch us without saying anything... I'm meant to be crashing in his the dickhead."

So the four friends set off to look for Jamie. They searched the bushes where he had gone, but there was no sign of him. They started to get worried, calling out his name louder and louder. Finally, they heard a faint response coming from the ground.

"oi, I'm down here!" Jamie's voice echoed up from the darkness.

They rushed over to a nearby mine shaft, which had been closed off for years. Jamie's voice was coming from deep inside. He had fallen down the shaft, and they could hear him calling out for help.

"oh shit man," Maeve whispered. "What do we do?"

The group panicked, not knowing what to do. Sean suggested they call the authorities, but Freddie pointed out that they were all drinking and smoking weed. They didn't want to get in trouble with the law.

Maeve had an idea. "What if we try to lower someone down to get Jamie? We can tie a rope to a tree and use it as a pulley."

The others agreed, and they quickly got to work. They found a strong rope and tied it to a nearby tree. Freddie volunteered to go down, but the others were worried about his safety. He had been drinking the most, and they didn't want him to fall.

"Let me do it," Sean said, his voice steady. "I'm the lightest one, and I've got the most experience with climbing."

The others nodded in agreement, and they lowered Sean down into the mine shaft. He was careful as he climbed down, using the rope as a pulley. Finally, he reached Jamie, who was lying at the bottom of the shaft.

"Jamie, are you okay?" Sean asked, his voice echoing in the darkness.