Chapter 4 : Hangover

Kaveh's POV:

Alhaitham was no fun. He always left early, and didn't even care to know if I'd get home safe or not! My drunk mind soon after drifted from the topic, and approached Tighnari adn Cyno with a question.

"Soooo.... how have you guys beeeennn.. yknow.. as a couuuple!?"

I put my hands onto Tighnari's arm, looking up at the both of them as I was slouched over the table.

"We've been.. fine?"

Cyno nodded at Tighnari's response, but I wanted to know more of course, as Alhaitham would say, I'm "naturally nosey."

"Did you guyssss... you kno-"

Before I could even say what I wanted to ask, Tighnari quickly placed his hand over my mouth. He totally knew what I was going to say, after I saw the look he gave me. I rolled my eyes, moving his hand away from my mouth as I slouched back into my chair.

"Don't you guys think Alhaitham is a big party pooper grouch! He never hangs out with us for long"

I opened my eyes wide and stared up at the ceiling as I talked to both them and myself. I knew they were probably looking at each other, laughing silently.

"I mean, why can't he get it through his dumb big brain that I want him to be here with me! He's just a big ball of.. I dunno.. meanness!"

While saying this, I banged both my fists onto the table and stared at the both of them, still with wide eyes. I laid my head onto the table, closing my eyes hearing giggles escape from their mouths.

"Well, well, Kaveh. That response was not expected, especially coming from you.."

I felt Tighnari pat my head twice, trying to humor me. I glanced up at him and rolled my eyes one last time before I fell asleep on the table. A few minutes later I was awoken by a constant tapping on my back, and realized both him and Cyno were poking back, trying to wake me up most likely.

"Time to go you hopeless romantic."

"I am NOT a hopeless romantic! Where did you even get that from?"

They shrugged, and placed me inbetween them to help me walk out of the tavern. It was probably around 11 PM once they dragged me out, not like he'd care anyway.

The two dragged me all the way back to my house, knocking on the door over and over till Alhaitham finally answered.

"Your problem now!"

Tighnari threw me lightly against Alhaitham, and soon after they both ran away, leaving me slumped over against him. I heard him let out a sigh as he dragged me to my bed and laid me down.

"Haitham????"

"What."

"Dunno."

---

Alhaitham's POV:

I watched him pass out as he answered, still hugging on his pillow. I walked closer to him and crouched now, observing his face. I moved the hair out of the way from his eyes and stood up. He really was quite pretty, not in a weird way but in a friendly way. I still continued to look down at his face, making sure he was fully asleep before I left his room.

When I made it to my room, I didn't bother to change as I was already so tired, so I just laid down face up, and closed my eyes.

╭──╯♡╰──╮

It was early in the morning when I heard a creak coming from a door. I didn't bother to check because it was the weekend and I'd enjoy sleeping in. I started to fall right back to sleep once I heard the sound of someone throwing up in the bathroom.

Great, Kaveh. I swear he was more obnoxious with a hangover than he was drunk or sober. I decided to ignore it and pulled my head under my blanket. I was enjoying the silence until I heard my door open, followed by a tap on my head.

"What, Kaveh."

"I threw up!"

"Stop acting like a child. And anyway, I could tell."

To be perfectly honest, hearing someone throw up made me want to throw up.. I dragged myself out of bed and stood infront of Kaveh.

"Listen - I'll clean up the bathroom ok? There's probably some sort of pain killers in the kitchen."

"Thanks Haitham!"

I crossed my arms over my chest as I watched Kaveh waddle back to his room once he took a few pain killers. Once he was out of sight I walked to the doorway of the bathroom, and breathed in. I was so unprepared for this, but had to get it over with because I knew Kaveh wouldn't clean it till he was feeling better.

I let out a smile of relief as I finished, it's always good to just do whatever so you didn't lose the motivation to do it later. I washed my hands in the sink, and picked up my toothbrush, from the mini stand we had set up in the bathroom. I brushed my teeth as I rested my free-arm's elbow on the counter. Archons, part of me forgot I drank last night, that's probably why I felt so overly tired. When I finished brushing my teeth, I threw some water onto my face to try and wake me up. All it did in the end was leave me with water all over myself though. I rubbed my eyes as I walked back into the kitchen to make a coffee, seeing if that might wake me up. 

I tapped on the counter as I waited for the coffee to be done, but then realized I hadn't changed at all since yesterday morning. I knew I still had a few minutes till the coffee was done, so I walked to my room and changed into some random sweatpants and a tank-top. When I walked out of my room, I was met with Kaveh looking right at me, drinking my.. coffee.

"You know I could have just made you your own.. right.."

"You know 'you' can just make another then, right?"

I stood there for awhile staring at him, hoping he'd get it through his head that I was too tired to deal with that. I leaned against the wall and closed my eyes, wishing I would have just stayed in bed. I felt a hand touch my shoulder, and as I opened my eyes I saw Kaveh, handing me the mug I had originally wanted to drink my coffee from.

"Oh- uh, thanks."

He nodded, and quietly walked off back to the kitchen to get his own drink. Huh.. why did he care all of a sudden? I shrugged it off per usual, and just quietly drank from the mug as I sat down and read a book on the couch. 

Why did I keep getting this weird feeling in my stomach when I'm around Kaveh all of a sudden? It's really been irritating me due to the fact I can't figure out what it is. I let out a sigh, and fell asleep on the couch.

(HAYY,, this is another shorter chapter becauz im really tired but wanted to try and post one todayyy, srry! I'll make sure to make tmrws longer)