𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐋𝐔𝐃𝐄

"My skin has turned to porcelain, to ivory, to steel".

— George R.R Martin

Two infants laid in two bassinets, wrapped in identical grey blankets

Two infants laid in two bassinets, wrapped in identical grey blankets. Two parents, who were not yet out of their teens, stared timidly at them, terrified that the slightest movement, the slightest mistake, could harm them.
"Master only wanted one..." Kagome muttered, gripping the sheets in her hands to stop herself from shaking. "But there are two". Tatsuya reached out for her, holding her tightly as she continued to stare at their newborns while they slept. "He'll simply have to deal with it, Kagome" He kissed her head. "He can't control everything".
Kagome nodded, holding onto to Tatsuya as he comforted her. "We need to name them" She blurted. "We never talked about names before. That was stupid". The young girl pulled away from her lover, and motioned towards the little girl, the one who looked identical to her father.
She'd been born first, and then the boy was second. She was the weakling — or at least that's what Master would call her; the one with the weak cry and the lesser weight. So small, so thin, so innocent.
So sweet.

"Will you bring her to me?"

Tatsuya nodded, leaving Kagome's side to get their baby daughter from her bassinet, and within three minutes he'd returned, apprehensive about the way he was holding her, as Tatsuya had never held a baby before, and neither had Kagome.

"I don't think I'm doing this right"

"Master didn't exactly give us a handbook on what to do, sweetheart"

He placed her in her mother's arms, then turned back around to grab their son, the boy who looked exactly like his mother.
He was stronger then his sister, and loud. He'd screamed so much that it rattled the windows, and his journey into the world had not been easy. Dr. Ujiko had even gone as far as to recommend that they didn't have anymore children, and for Kagome's sake, the young couple agreed.

He would be better suited for the task, Tatsuya thought, but no. Master made it clear that the girl would be the one to do it.

That poor, sweet, girl.

"H-Hello" Kagome whispered to their daughter. "I hope I don't wake you. I'm your Mama" A cry erupted from the baby. "Don't cry. Shh. Shh." Then Kagome rocked the baby, "Everything's okay, everything's okay", and their daughter settled down.

"You're already having nightmares, aren't you?"

Tatsuya looked at their son, who was silently sleeping in his arms. The boy had cried only once thus far, and for whatever reason, it worried him.

"I think we'll call you..." Kagome thought for a moment. "How about Eleanor?" Tatsuya smiled at the name. "I quite like that".

Kagome smiled. "It's settled then. Eleanor. But what about him?" Kagome motioned to the sleeping boy. "He'll need a strong name to go with our sweet little girl's."

Tatsuya nodded, and began to think of boy names they could give to their son. Eiji. Kenzo. Hideshi. Fumiji. Silas. "I think we should name him Silas" He settled, without giving it much thought. It sounded like a good name, a strong name, a name their son would grow into. "I like that too".

The couple smiled, and so did their children, but neither Kagome or Tatsuya noticed. It would take time for them to fully adjust to life as parents, but this was a good start. They had plenty of time to do this right.

"We'll be happy, won't be? At least we'll try to be?"

"Of course we will, Kagome. Of course we will."

Unfortunately, happiness for the Akumazoku's never lasted for long.

~•~•~•~•~

Author's Note:

WRITER'S BLOCK IS A BITCH.

After two years, I've finally found the motivation to start writing again after a little over a year of having an ADHD diagnosis. Hopefully, this motivation continues, and I can finally put my ideas on paper.

They've been brewing in my head for AWHILE.