Depression

Kailey's pov

I watch as JJ stands up and walks out of the room, not looking behind him at all.

"Ehh. Don't worry about him. Autumn and Everleigh is just a sore subject for us," Charlie says while wiping her tears, and trying to smile.

"I'm so sorry," I say, not really knowing what I'm apologizing for.

"It's fine, Sweetie. Honestly. We're better now, but it still hurts. It feels like a part of you has disappeared," she says.

"I somewhat know how you feel," I say, looking back out the window.

"When my twin brother; Quintin, disappeared, I had no idea what happened to him. I didn't know where he was, who he was with, if he was ok, or if he was even alive. It felt like he had taken a part of me with him when he left."

"But then when I saw him again for the first time in five years, all that pain disappeared. I felt whole again," I say through tears.

"I may not know what it feels like to lose my other half, but I know how it feels when you think you lost them. When you're terrified, not knowing what's happened to them. And I'm so sorry you had to go through that. I'm so sorry, Charlie," I say as I look over at her, seeing the tears roll down her cheeks.

"Thanks, Sweetie. Thank you," she says with a smile. A real, genuine smile.

*2 hours later*

For the past couple hours, the five of us; Charlie, the triplets, and I, have just been sitting around on the floor, talking and laughing about random things.

I got up a few minutes ago to go to the bathroom, and I'm now sitting on my bed, thinking about my baby boy.

Is his family treating him well? Do they treat him as if he's their own? What's his name? What does he look like? Does he have any siblings?

I'm so deep in thought, that I didn't realize Charlie sitting cross legged in front of me.

"How are you feeling today? I know that's what you were just thinking about," she says as she tilts her head to the side.

"I'm not sure why, but the pain just hit really hard. I've been fine all day, not thinking of him. But then when I left the bathroom and sat down, the pain hit me like a stab to the heart. And I'm trying so hard not to cry, but it's so damn hard, Charlie. It's so hard," I say as my voice cracks.

"It'll get better with time, Kailey. I promise. But for now, go ahead and cry, if that's what you need. Talk to someone if that's what you need. Just do whatever you need to do to feel better. I will be here with you every step of the way. Just do whatever you need to do, Honey, and you'll feel better with time," she says as she grabs my hand, squeezes it for a moment, and then stands up and leaves the room.

The triplets are still on the floor talking to each other, so I decide to sleep.

As I'm falling asleep, I think about what Charlie said.

'Do whatever you need to do to feel better.'

And that's the moment I realized exactly what I need to do. I realized what I need to do to stop the pain. What I need to do to be free from all pain....