How are you doing?

*2 years later- July 20, 2023*

Jamie's pov:

Today is Luna's and Kailey's birthdays. They're supposed to be 21 today.

Right now, the five of us; me, my husband, and the triplets; are all getting ready to go to their graves.

It's been five years since Luna committed, and four years since Kailey committed.

I'm still confused as to what happened with Kailey, and why she committed, but I've learned to stop questioning it.

Every time I try to ask the triplets, and have them explain it to me a little bit better, they get pissy and walk away, saying they don't want to talk about it.

I've got to say, I truly do miss the girls. I'm kind of disappointed that they chose to do this instead of talking about it with someone, but I understand that they had their reasons.

All they wanted was for the pain to disappear. And the pain wouldn't wouldn't just magically go away just because they talked about it.

But it doesn't change the fact that this is still what they did.

I'm pissed at myself for not realizing what Luna was fully going through. I'm pissed at the fact that I didn't realize just how depressed she really was until it was too late.

I'm such a terrible mother. I should've known. I should've seen the signs. But no. I wasn't paying that close attention to her. All I knew was that she was depressed, but just didn't know how much.

I'm sorry, Luna. I hope one day you'll forgive me for not realizing sooner. I love you, my baby girl.

And I'm sorry, Kailey. For not being there for you when you needed it. I'm sorry for not knowing what you were going through.

I hope you won't hold this against me. I love you, sweetie.

I love you and Luna.

I'll love you two forever.
——————————-

Logan's pov:

Today is the girls' 21st birthday. Right now, I'm trying to hold back my tears as we head to the cemetery to visit their graves.

This truly isn't normal for me. I'm not typically one to cry. But if you ever see me crying, you'll know that something terrible happened, and there's no getting over it.

Yes, it might've been a few years since they both committed, but that doesn't mean I'll just get over it.

I understand what happened with Luna. She missed her best friend -or sister, whatever you want to call her- so she began cütt!ng.

But then she got that phone call, and it happened to be her breaking point.

I'm upset for not realizing what she was truly going through. I knew something was going on with her, I could see it in the way she acted.

But I never would've guessed it was this. I blame myself.

If I would've confronted her, and asked her if she was ok and if she wanted to talk about it, maybe I would've figured it out sooner, and I could've stopped her.