INDEFINITE PAUSE

Tinn and I dated for almost 5 years already. We started dating in the last year of high school. We were each other's home and comfort. We were madly in love with each other. Many admired us for having the most perfect relationship anyone could imagine. Everything was perfect. Everything was. Until one day, we both felt that we weren't on the same page of our story anymore. He was tired, and I am too. 

We agreed to break up, as we don't want to keep hurting each other unknowingly. It was mutual, and we both thought that it was the best decision for us both. On that day, I asked him to spend our last day as lovers as much as we could. 

We spent the entire day thinking back and talking about our favorite times together. He bought me my favorite street foods, which I enjoyed eating. We talked about the things that we'll miss about each other and how we are thankful for each other's company throughout those 5 years. 

"I will miss your cutesy mini concert every night." "I'll miss when you sing me a song to help me feel a lot better whenever I'm exhausted from medical school." Tinn spoke softly. 

"I will miss everything about you. I'll miss how you give comfort to me whenever I feel down. I'll miss your tight hugs that made me feel safe and valid." I softly smiled at him while saying this with tears in my eyes. 

He's crying too. 

After that small talk, he gave me a cute pair of socks that have embroidered musical notes in them. He took my hand as we walked through the busy streets. He was smiling, still intertwining our hands as we walked slowly to my home. 

It was already 11:55 p.m. as we arrived at the front door of my home. 

I don't want this to end, yet this was one of the most perfect, romantic, happy, and yet heartbreaking dates we've ever had. 

At the end of our five minutes as lovers, we said our goodbyes as we hugged each other tightly. 

"I love you, Gun. Thank you for not doubting my love for you. You will always be my one and only Chinzilla baby." Tinn's voice was shaking. He's crying. 

He held my head and made me face him. He started stroking my cheeks, with tears falling down through my eyes. He slowly leaned into me and kissed me passionately. I snaked my hands into his neck and his hands into my waist. We kissed for the one last time.

"Tinn, I love you too. Thank you for making me feel like I am the most precious man to ever exist in this world. I never doubted your love. I will never doubt that." 

11:59pm. After we shared that long and heartbreaking kiss, we stared at each other for a whole minute, holding each other's hands, never wanting to let go. 

12:00 a.m.

"I guess this is it. Goodbye Gun." He said one last time, turned his back to me, and walked away slowly. 

"Goodbye, Tinn. Thank you for everything. I love you."

I whispered. Hoping he heard my love for him for the last time.

We went our separate ways. We decided to never see each other again. It was the most torturous thing we had to do to at least enjoy and savor our last hours together. I wouldn't want to enjoy it any other way, so that was perfect. Perfectly heartbreaking.

Sometimes, things need to be let go of.