- 일 -

"kill them," the king muttered, flicking his wrist in their direction lazily.

the soldiers saluted, spun, and immediately charged at them. she gritted her teeth, brandishing her sword and glancing sideways at her partner. "you ready, woo?"

"ready as i'll ever be," he laughed as he pulled out his sword as well. she smiled back, then turned to face their next challenge. 

"chaewon, i swear i will drop your pc into the pool."

chaewon startled, her headphones falling off her head at the sudden voice in her ear. she looked up to see her best friend and roommate glaring down at her, disappointed. "you haven't even touched  the breakfast i brought you this morning," she gestured towards the uneaten plate of eggs and sausages sitting on the pc table that had grown cold hours ago. chaewon smiled sheepishly up at her. "sorry, hyehye." 

she sighed, picking the plate up and frowning sorrowfully at it. "it's okay, i'll warm it up for junhyeon when he comes back later." 

chaewon snorted, pulling her headphones down to her neck and following the other girl's movement across her room to the door with her eyes. "bet he won't eat it. taerae told me junhyeon's been getting lunches door-dashed to him by a," she paused to put up air qoutes, "secret admirer." lowering her hands to the back of her chair, she rested her chin on them. "we all know who it is, though." 

"we do?" she could tell jihye wasn't really paying attention, the other having found a pile of clothes on the floor and settling down next to it, immediately getting to work folding them. chaewon smiled fondly at her. she was really the cutest. 

"yes, we do. the silver foxes he's been hanging out with lately." jihye gasped. "oh my goodness. do you think junhyeon's a sugar baby?" the idea seemed to appall her.

"how else would he have been able to afford that sweet watch we saw him wearing last sunday?" 

"he worked really, really hard and paid for it himself?" 

silence. then they both burst out laughing, chaewon smacking the gaming chair and jihye a bean bag nearby. (unbeknownst to both of them, miko peeked his head into the room, searching for the cause of the loud noises. yin had finally fallen asleep, which meant he could also finally sleep and they were ruining his chances of a good chasing chickens dream.)

jihye folded the last shirt, placed it on the bean bag, and stood up dusting her pants off. picking up the plate she'd set on a surface, she smiled at the other. "don't stay online for too long, okay? take a break, come out here and do something else. i was thinking of going to the park today, so if you do come out and i'm not around that's where i'll be." chaewon gave her a thumbs up. "roger that, captain." 

jihye rolled her eyes, leaving the room with another skeptic glance at the computer screen. 

once the other had closed the door and her light foot falls had faded into the quietness of the room, chaewon turned back to her screen. 'paused' in bright blue letters contrasted against a darker blue ocean setting started back at her, blinking as if to intimidate her into unpausing. i really should go eat something.