- 이 -

chaewon had sat down at her pc planning on playing underwater for thirty minutes as a means of waiting for jihye to get back from wherever she'd gone that day (she was always going somewhere. chaewon could say she envied her social drive, but she'd rather sit inside than talk to multiple people everyday.) they'd planned on watching a movie together, all three of them, and chaewon didn't want the other to find her playing the game and cancel the movie date because she'd "spent too much time on a screen". or something.

however, tapping on her phone screen, she realised with a horrified gasp that way more than thirty minutes had gone by. looking around she noticed five things: the sky outside her window was dark, there were dishes from lunch piled up sadly beside her, the cats were meowing hungrily by their empty food bowls, anna of arendelle was crooning about somethings never changing on their tv, and through her open bedroom door she could see jihye's shoes, the ones she'd left in, parked neatly in their shoe compartment by the door. with a gulp, chaewon rose from her chair (which was embarrassingly warm, by the way. it's like the whole universe was telling her she'd messed up.) 

slinking up behind the couch, she tentatively laid a hand on jihye's shoulder. jihye startled, face filled with fear as she looked back at her but soon morphing into something akin to indifference. junhyeon glanced at chaewon, shook his head, and returned his attention to the tv screen. 

chaewon wobbly smiled. "hi, hyehye." 

she hummed, expression void of emotion. 

"oh c'mooon, i'm soorrry," she wheedled out, coming around the couch and sitting down right by jihye. jihye just hummed again, before pulling junhyeon's wrist towards chaewon and showing her the watch on it. "it's almost 10 pm." 

chaewon laughed sheepishly, running a hand through her hair. "yeaah, it's pretty bad this time."

"pretty bad? chae, you've been playing for four hours straight."

"with no breaks," junhyeon added. chaewon shot him a glare he grinned back at. 

jihye sighed. "i'm just worried about you, chae. you don't go outside except when you're at work, you don't talk to anyone but us and your co-workers. and even that's barely. the last relationship you had ended horribly because you wouldn't give it the attention and love it needed. and," she hesitated, holding chaewon's hands in her own and squeezing, "and i'm starting to think that game is the problem. it's socially crippling you." 

chaewon blinked twice. half because her eyes were still adjusting to the brightness of the living room. half because she was trying to process what her friend was saying. "you think i'm socially crippled?"

"i didn't say that." 

"yeah." chaewon gaped at junhyeon, mouth open in shock. he just shrugged. "i do. the last boyfriend you had-"