🍁 Twenty-Two : Arrival and Settling In

ARRIVAL AND SETTLING IN

Eric, Lady Susan, and Vincent's spirit arrived at Melbourne airport, their footsteps echoing through the spacious halls. The airport was bustling with people, and the smell of coffee filled the air.

Lady Susan's face turned green and she clutched her stomach. "Oh no," she groaned. "I think I'm going to be sick."

Eric rushed to her side, concerned. "What's wrong? Are you feeling okay?"

"I get air-sick easily," Lady Susan admitted, swaying slightly. "I'm not used to all this flying."

Vincent chuckled. "Well, at least you didn't have to sit through the turbulence like I did."

Lady Susan snapped her head at him. "Come on, let's get you some fresh air," Eric guided Lady Susan towards the exit.

Eric carried Lady Susan's suitcase, while she clutched a small handbag, and Vincent followed closely behind them, his translucent figure almost gliding across the polished floors.

Lady Susan's condition improved slightly, but Eric was still keeping a watchful eye on her. "Are you sure you're going to be okay?"

"I'll be fine," Lady Susan said, a little shakily. "I just need to get my feet on solid ground again."

As they walked out into the airport terminal, Lady Susan took a deep breath and looked around. "Oh my, this place is so modern!" she exclaimed.

Eric chuckled. "Yeah, it's quite different from Busan, isn't it?"

"It is," Lady Susan can't stop feeling in awe as Eric guided her to his car in the parking lot with Vincent following behind.

Once they got inside Eric's car, Eric took the driver's seat while Lady Susan sat in the passenger seat and Vincent sat in the back. "Well, where am I supposed to go now?" Lady Susan asked, addressing either Eric or Vincent, whoever had an answer.

"Vincent had rented a motel in town not far from his home. You can stay there for a few days and make sure you get yourself settled," Eric began.

But then Vincent leaned in to whisper to Lady Susan, "Change of plans, I want Eric to drive you straight to my house."

Lady Susan's eyes widened in surprise. "What? I just got here! Can't I have some time to settle in for a while?" she burst out in anger at Vincent, causing Eric to look at her startled.

The situation became awkward, with the three of them sitting in silence like a bunch of birds on a wire.

"Yes, of course, you can settle in at the motel for the day," Eric said with an awkward smile on his face.

Lady Susan let out a deep sigh. "I'm sorry, Eric. I didn't mean to snap at you. I'm just feeling exhausted right now," she said, emphasizing the end of her words at Vincent.