Chapter Two : Small things

Astra went to the Flynns' which was located two houses away from them to bid goodbye to her best friend.

She rang the bell and fidgeted with her fingers while waiting for the door to open. When it came to Darian, Astra had always felt nervous, and yet comfortable.

Comfortable, for he was indeed her best friend. Nervous, for he was the man she loved and adored.

The door was flung open and revealed Darian in nothing but his jeans. She was taken by surprise, but that did not stop her from eyeing his toned up body.

He's been killing those workout sessions, Astra thought to herself.

"Hey..." He showed his famous pretty smile and engulfed her in a tight hug. Attempting to ignore the increasing heartbeat in her heart, Astra faked a small laugh and put her hands on his bare back.

Omg I'm actually touching his body, she thought.

The fake laugh did not seem enough to cover her nervousness because Darian loosened the hug and looked at her.

"Are you nervous?"

Astra stood there, smiling with two question inside her head.

Is he talking about uni? Or my first time hugging him with him being half-naked?

While Astra was weighing out her questions, Darian chuckled softly and put his hands on both sides of her shoulder.

"Astra, do you hear me? I'm asking if you're nervous...about uni."

"Oh..." Astra laughed in relief and nod her head. " Yes, yes. Of course, uni. I'm actually quite nervous. I mean, you're not gonna be there. Who else is going to sit with me during breaks?"

Darian rubbed her shoulders lightly and lifted her chin up so that she would be looking directly at him.

Another round of butterflies hit her stomach. There were a lot of first things that Darian was doing in this farewell.

Letting her see his hot bare body and touching her face like that...Those were the first times.

"Look at me. You will do just great. You're smart, witty, and fun to hang out with. You'll find friends in no time. Trust me."

She gave him a reassuring smile.

"Thanks, I really need that.".

Darian hugged Astra one more time. Only this time, it was longer. Both did not seem like they wanted to let go.

"I'm gonna miss you so much, Darian."

Darian caressed her hair softly and whispered "I'm gonna miss you too, Astra. Please take care there."

They were both lost in that hug and finally let each other go when a familiar voice called out for Astra.

"Astra, my dear. Are you leaving now? Come in."

It was Mrs Flynn, asking Astra to come in.

Astra stepped into the house, followed by Darian behind her.

Mrs Flynn hugged her, and placed a soft peck on Astra's forehead. A gesture Astra hoped her father would have shown her.

Mr Flynn came down the stairs and smiles at Astra.

"My dear, you're leaving already?"

Astra answered with a "yes" and received a warm hug from Mr Flynn too.

After a short conversation with the Flynns, Astra bid them one last goodbye before going back to her house. Darian put on his plain grey t-shirt and offered to walk her home.