IMAGINE

I am Owen and Clare's daughter. I took after my father and trained a group of raptors. 

I have long brown hair and green-grey eyes. I am wearing worn light brown pants and a leather dark brown belt with a dagger in the back and on the side a clicker to let the raptors know the've done well when training. A pellet gun is attached to my left leg and I wear a light pale blue button-up shirt with the two top buttons undone so I can breathe, along with a leather vest that matches my belt. 

My raptors are named like my father's were; Blue, Delta, Echo, and Charlie. They are all girls, I am my father's daughter. 

There is a new worker in the raptor pen that is supposed to help me even though my father and I know I don't need it, but I couldn't do anything to prevent him from assisting me. 

I got soft flooring installed beneath the walkways above the raptors' cage in case I have to save the new guy. He is tall and hot, I think shamelessly. He looks three years older than me and has pitch black hair.

"Hey," he said as I walked up to him, ready to start.

"Hi, don't do anything stupid, ok?"

"Got it, I just need a recap of what I am supposed to do."

"You stand here and hold this so you can catch the pig if it gets loose after it goes back in the box," I say pointing to the far right of the north bridge and handing him a pole with a loop on the end.  

I push the door open to the pen, clicker raised.

Out of  the underbrush, my raptors appeared, eyeing my raised clicker. They knew it meant food, and their feathers rustled in anticipation.

The main difference between mine and my father's raptors are the feathers.

InGen had come under fire recently about the accuracy of the dinosaurs on display. The scientific community had said the previous dinosaurs were 'misleading to the public', and after many meetings and petitions both inside and outside of the community InGen had finally caved.

They were reluctant to do so out of fear of plummeting interest and as a result, loss of money, because the dinosaurs wouldn't be the classic scaly beasts that were known and loved by the public.

Now, even though the dinosaurs are still not exactly how they would be in real life due to missing DNA segments, there is now regulations in place to keep them looking truer to their prehistoric selves. 

There are also strict rules on tampering with predatory dinosaur genes, so we don't get another Indominus Rex or Indoraptor situation again.

You'd think they'd learn after the first hundred times.

Blue stepped up to the front, her indigo blue and charcoal black feathers glinting in the light. Her patterns reminded me of a Stellar's jay, but every once in a while the iridescent sheen of raven feathers would shine through.  

Back when my mom and dad worked at Jurassic World, the dinosaurs were heavily modified with DNA from other animals like lizards or amphibians, until their own DNA was watered down beyond recognition. Not to mention using source DNA from a completely different dinosaur but calling it 'velociraptor'. My raptors and the raptors of my father before technically came from the DNA of a deinonychus, but in my day-to-day life I and my coworkers still call them raptors out of ease and familiarity.

Blue and the other raptors had a lot of corvid DNA in them, making them whip smart, but even among her peers Blue was incredibly smart. Dangerously smart. 

"Alright," I call behind me to the new boy. "Open the box, and let out the pig."

The clattering of metal sounded somewhere behind me, but I didn't turn. The raptors all glanced back, save for Blue, whose gaze was still fixed on me. 

"Stay," I commanded. The raptors looked back to me, and once I was sure they weren't going to move, I gave a click. I then lowered my arm, waiting for the right moment.

The raptors, save Blue, shuffled anxiously on their feet, waiting for the signal, and just as a  blur zoomed across the edge of my vision, I sounded off a whistle and let the raptors begin their hunt.