• Tribute Interviews •

I stood in front of Prisma, my back turned to the mirror as she fixed the dress she had on me. She kept telling me not to look, so I kept my face turned upwards until she stood and put a clip into my hair.

"You can look now, Ella!" She said, grabbing my shoulders and turning me around to face the mirror. I looked at myself in shock, this wasn't something I was expecting.

I twirled softly, watching the light blue skirt fan out around me as I spun. It was about knee length and it was layered with one side over the other, making a small almost slit-like opening. The top went across my shoulders with leather straps that came up and criss-crossed to connect with the necklace-like strap around my neck. It had small diamonds in the straps, as well as the belt that was around my waist which was made of the same leather as the straps. My shoes were small heels with straps that wrapped around my ankle before opening and reattaching to the shoe lower down. Everything was different pale shades of blues and blue-grays and was absolutely stunning.

I smiled, turning towards Prisma to tell her how much I loved it when the door opened and Cyrus walked in.

His outfit was simpler than mine but still nice, he had a light blue button up long sleeve shirt on and black pants. The smile on his face when he saw me made my smile grow more.

"You look amazing!" He said in awe, running over to wrap his arms around me.

"Thank you Cy, you look amazing too." I responded sweetly before looking over at Prisma.

"Thank you, Pris." I said, nodding in thanks to my stylist.

She smiled and nodded back, responding with, "It's my job, Ellie."

I turned back to Cyrus. I shouldn't be getting this attached to my stylist, seeing as the games weren't even three days away and I most likely wouldn't be seeing her again, but I couldn't help it. She was nice, she cared about me, she made amazing outfits, and she was all around the best person I'd ever met. Capital or not.

***

The tribute interviews happen the night before the start of each Hunger Games. Caesar Flickerman hosts an interview with each of the tributes and the tributes dress up to show off for the capital and try to get sponsors. That's all the preparation before the games was. Trying to get sponsors.

Caesar asks each tribute about their life back home, their time in the Capitol so far, their training score, and the reaping. The interviews are in order of districts, as always. Unlike the training score interviews, the girls go before the boys.

Each interview is three minutes per tribute. The purpose of the interviews is to show the Capitol a little about each tribute to help them choose their favorite.

We all stand in line now, waiting to be called on stage by Caesar. Cyrus leans against me and I mess with his soft hair absentmindedly as we wait. I know that Cyrus can do this interview, he has a wonderful social presence. But I have to go before him which means I'm setting up what he can go off of, which also means it's easiest to tell the truth in the interview. Cyrus may have a good social presence, but he's a terrible liar.

I zone out as the tributes go by, one after the other, the line moves, 5's male is walking up to the stage, now it's 7's female. My mind snaps back as Jewel walks on stage, a small but friendly smile on her face.

"Jewel Apress, ladies and gentlemen!" Caesar announces as she makes her way over to him, waving to the audience sweetly.

Her dress is stunning, she's stunning. Her dress is white dress that's rather short. It's flowy and has a lace backing, although I can only see it when she walks as she has a small cropped cardigan over the dress, light blue and tied in the front at the top.