Chapter 6: Perfect

"That is a secret, but trust me, you will love it" he says. He really is confident. I do wish he had told me beforehand though so I could put on a fitting outfit. 

He seems to notice my face, because the next thing he says is, "Don't worry, you look beautiful". 

I blush once again, smiling. 

I don't understand how this boy is making me blush this much! I am ashamed at myself. 

We haven't kissed yet, but he was standing dangerously close to me right now. His cologne filled the space between us, and I felt myself wishing for his touch. 

"Let's go!" Cody says, smirking. And we do just that. 

----- 

Cody took me to this view-point that overlooked the beach. 

"This is incredible" I say, as he takes my hand, leading me over to a picnic blanket. How did he have time to set this up? More importantly, how has no one stolen it? We live in LA after all. 

We sit down and he opens the picnic basket. It's filled with sandwiches and fruits and bottles of water. I love it. I love the simplicity of it. 

"This is honestly the most amazing date, thank you Cody" I say, and look at him. He is smiling at me, admiring my face it seems. 

"I'm glad you like it" He smiles. He gives me one of the sandwiches, and we start to eat. "You know, you make me feel so comfortable. I can be myself around you" he says after some minutes. 

I love that the silence between us is never awkward. We just enjoy each others company. 

"You are different from most people here too" I reply. He laughs and say "How come? Did you think I was going to be rude and cocky?" 

"Not exactly, but you know how people in this city can be" I say softly, hoping he isn't offended by me saying that. 

"I know, very well actually" 

The conversations flows naturally, topics changing as we go. I lean over to the basket and take out the grapes. "Try and catch them" I laugh, sitting up steadier. 

He does the same, getting ready to catch the grapes. We are both very competitive. I throw one and miss. I laugh as the next ones go everywhere but into his mouth. 

"Hey, you're not trying" he laughs. Cody is now jumping around dramatically trying to catch them. 

Suddenly he falls closer to me in an attempt to catch the last grape. 

I am now aware of how close we are, so I get nervous. I have kissed boys before, plenty even, but never someone I actually liked like this. 

Cody looks up at me, and brush a strain of hair behind my ears. 

Our faces automatically are drawn closer to each other, and I can now feel his breath on my lips. His eyes search mine, almost as if he is looking for consent to kiss me. 

When I smile slightly, he closes the gap between us. The kiss is gentle, but also full of passion at the same time.  I can feel him smiling against my lips, as we come up for air. My stomach is doing turns, but in a good way. 

It truly is different kissing someone you want to kiss again. I smile like an idiot, and luckily, so does he. 

We laugh together. It's that comfortable laugh when you just know you are one the same page as someone. 

I lay down next to him and he pulls me closer. I am laying on my stomach, facing him. "Listen" he says and for some reason, my stomach drops. Probably by the sudden change of tone.  

I brace myself for him to say that this has been fun and all, but he doesn't want anything more. 

Cody starts laughing at me and I am slightly offended. 

"What?" I ask, trying to hide my growing embarrassment. 

"Just the look on your face. What I wanted to say was I really, really, like you Ashley. And I want us to be more than just friends. But I am also very aware that it wouldn't be fair to you because I work so much" 

His hands are playing with my hair as he looks me in the eyes. The information I have just been given spins in my head as I am trying to hide my excitement. 

He wants us to be official? 

Am I dreaming? 

"I know Cody but honestly I don't care. I just want to be with you. Whatever it takes". 

The smile on his face grows as he pulls me closer, kissing me again. Once again, I get lost in his touch. 

  ---------------Next day -------------

I wake up, feeling better than I have ever felt in my life. Cody and I had the perfect date yesterday. Not only was it the best date I have ever been on, but it even got me my first actual boyfriend! 

I have had boyfriends before, but they were all back in middle school, and it was more based on friendship than attraction, really. 

I walk down stairs, humming silently. Nothing can change my mood today, not even mom. 

Or so I thought. 

Mom stops me in the kitchen. "I am going to tell you something, and you will not object, you will not protest, you will just for once in your god damn life, do as I say" 

I am a little taken aback by her tone of voice, but decide against challenging her today. 

"Okay?" I, well, ask, more than agree. 

"You are going back to public school and you are starting on Monday"

She looks at me, searching my face for emotion. 

What? 

Public school? I haven't been to public school since elementary. My middle school and high school career was spent at a rich, upper-class, private school where all the kids of celebrities went. I realise how arrogant I sound, but I don't know how to go to public school. 

I am truly speechless, which seems to have surprised my mom a bit because her look softens when I don't say anything. 

I don't know what to say, honestly. 

How am I supposed to start a new school months into the school year? 

Before I can say anything more about it, my mom screams in pain. 

OOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH WONDER WHATS HAPPENINGGGGGGGGG

Some feedback please? <3 heheh! Vote&Fan&Comment ♥