𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐃 𝐏𝐇𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐂𝐀𝐌𝐄 𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐋𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐍𝐄𝐗𝐓 𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆. Spencer pulled himself out of bed after a loud phone ring interrupted a particularly steamy make out session between the two. Spencer groaned as he pulled away, glancing at his cellphone for a moment, "It's Hotch, I need to get this." Celia nodded, sitting upright just in time to watch him leave the room, already on the phone. She knew what it was about before Spencer even came back to the room.

He was being called away on a case.

Her suspicions were confirmed less than five minutes later when Spencer re-entered her bedroom with an apologetic look on his face. "I'm sorry," he told her, scanning her face for any signs of anger. "He wouldn't have called if it was important."

"I know," she admitted, feeling a ping of sadness. She had known that having a long distance boyfriend with a busy schedule was going to be hard, but it didn't make it any easier to feel their time together slipping like sand through her fingertips. Celia could try to hold onto it no matter what, but for the two of them, there would always be something to pull the other away. But she couldn't be mad at him for that, because she knew that their lives were hectic, and she had signed on board for that when Spencer became her boyfriend. That didn't mean she couldn't be disappointed about their circumstances, though. "I'll come out and see you in a couple weeks, okay?"

"I'm so sorry," he told her again. "There's a case, and they need me, and I wouldn't leave unless I had to-

"Spencer, I get it," she cut him off, trying to convey her expressions to him. He paused, cocking his head to the side like he didn't quite understand why she wasn't throwing things and shouting at him. "Go solve your case. I'll be fine, I promise."

"I know you'll be fine," he replied cooly, fiddling with his fingers nervously. "I just don't want to leave you."

"It's only temporary," Celia reminded him. She hoped that her words would do something to try and reassure him. He visibly relaxed for a moment and nodded, like he was trying to reassure himself now. "Besides, I'm thinking of going home for a few days."

"To Connecticut?" Spencer asked, and Celia nodded. She had a few things she wanted to do out there, one of which was to see the construction on the new house. She hadn't been over there to visit since the original Clairmont estate had burnt down, but Sebastian had taken it upon himself to oversee all of the new construction to rebuild the house. She'd been meaning to go out there for some time, but she wasn't ready to go back and face it all. She felt ready now, though.

"I have unfinished business there," Celia vaguely replied. "I think it would be good for me." She hadn't been out to see her family's graves in the family plot since the funerals, and it felt like now was as good a time as ever for Celia to finally get closure. "And your brother's gonna be there?" She nodded, and Spencer didn't say anything for a moment. "If you think you should go, then go." Celia didn't say anything for a minute, and the two of them just stared at each other, mutual understanding between the two of them.

"You have to go now?" She asked, hoping he'd tell her he could stay for a few more hours, but the look on his face told her that wasn't the case. He nodded, and Celia crawled out of bed and approached him, getting on her tippy toes and wrapping her good arm around his neck. She pressed a kiss to his cheek and lowered herself back onto her feet. "I'll go make some coffee so you can have a cup before you leave." She left her bedroom and Spencer took the opportunity to grab his things from around her apartment while Celia put the pot of coffee on. She tried and failed to perch herself onto the counter, but it proved difficult without the use of both of her arms.