𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐖𝐎 𝐖𝐄𝐄𝐊𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐅𝐎𝐋𝐋𝐎𝐖𝐄𝐃 𝐒𝐏𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐄𝐑'𝐒 𝐈𝐍𝐉𝐔𝐑𝐘 𝐖𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐑𝐀𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐁𝐋𝐈𝐒𝐒𝐅𝐔𝐋. Ironic, I know, Celia thought to herself. It felt strange to have such a horrible situation be flipped to something not so horrible. On the flip side, Celia spent the last two weeks doing everything with Spencer. They spent most of the time in his apartment, talking amongst each other until the wee hours of the morning. She'd ocassionally take him to physio, and sometimes head back to New York for a day, but they were together practically all the time. It wasn't something she was used to.

But now? Celia had gotten used to it. And she wasn't quite sure if she was ready to let that go quite yet.

"Are you sure you don't want to come?" Celia asked him for about the hundredth time. The house had been sold, and as promised, the three Clairmont grandchildren wanted one last night. One last good memory in that house.

"Go be with your family, Cece," he insisted. In the two weeks that followed the article being released about her family, struggle wasn't an adequate word to describe what Celia had been going through. Everything had quite frankly gone to shit since it got out, but there was also quite literally nothing she could do about it. She couldn't sway the public opinion about her family, but she did know she'd have to earn back all that respect again. Celia was aware of that, and she was prepared to work for it. She felt that it was reparations for everything that her grandfather did. It might not have righted all of his wrongs, but it felt like a step in the right direction for her. "Enjoy your night, I'll be here if you need me."

"I love you," she whispered quietly. She made a habit of saying the words whenever they said goodbye, no matter how quiet they were uttered. With the luck Celia had, she wasn't going to let it go unknown. "I promise I'll come out for a visit soon." She got on the very tips of her toes, and pressed a firm kiss to his mouth. Her train to Connecticut was leaving soon, and she didn't want to be late, no matter how tempting it was to stay. Celia grabbed the last of her bags and gave one final hug to Spencer before she made her way down to the car, where none other than Derek was waiting for her. Spencer still wasn't able to drive since he didn't have full mobility in his neck yet, he enlisted Derek to drop her off. Celia had been insistent on getting a cab (she didn't want to be a bother to any of them), but the two of them were rather insistent. 

So, Celia Clairmont found herself in the car with Derek Morgan on the way to the train station, and she couldn't help but wonder how she got here. 

"He's gonna be fine, you know," Derek reassured her, as if he were able to see the worry on his face. "He always is."

"I didn't think it would be so hard, being away from him all the time," she admitted, staring out the window with a perplexed look on her face. "It wasn't so bad at the beginning, but I've been feeling it more now." She paused, wondering if she should speak her mind. Derek knew Spencer better than anyone, so maybe he was the person to ask for advice. "If I tell you something right now, can you promise it'll stay between us?"

"Of course, Cece," Morgan instantly replied. She was shocked at how easy that was, since she had assumed all his loyalties lied with Reid and not her. Maybe she was wrong. "Now tell me what's on your mind."

"Well, I'm sure you already know that the house is selling," she began to explain. "And with that, is gonna come some money. I was thinking that maybe with the cut I get from the house, that I might buy property a little closer to, well, here. Do you think that's a bad idea?"

She didn't know the procedure for things like this. How soon was too soon for a couple to move in together? Would Spencer even want to do that? Did she want to do that? She had told Spencer from the beginning that her job would always be her first priority, but for the first time in her life, Celia was willing to share some of the workload, give up a bit more control than she normally would. It only took about two near death experiences for her to realize that there's more to her life than just working. Somewhere in the back of her mind, Celia had always thought that if she didn't spend every minute of every day working, that all of her hard work would somehow blow up in her face when she so much as looked in another direction. She didn't trust anyone enough with her legacy.