6

I hate flights. Turbulence, the take off and landing. Three aspects I hate. Why I do fly? No clue. I prefer to go with a train or with the car. But it takes so much less time to take a plane instead of a car or train. So here I am, sitting in a private jet together with Carlos and his team.

Carlos is walking infront of me and crashes down in one of the chairs in the front of the plane. I glance around to see where I can sit. It's either next to him or in the back with people I don't know.

"You can just sit here, I don't bite." He smirks.

My cheeks instantly turn into the colour of a nice strawberry on a hot summerday.
His smirk only gets wider and his eyes hazel brown eyes are sparkling. Fucking hell..

"Are you sure you want me to sit here while your people sit there." He shrugs at my comment.

"I know you way longer than just today Lis. I know you hate flying. I have flown with Tory and you before. You where panicing." His eyes burn through mine. Ofcourse he knows, he always remembers the small details.
"And Charles told me some juicy flight details." He smirks. I groan at his comment, ofcourse Charles would tell others about my flight experiences.

Carlos grabs my arm and pulls me down into the chair next to him. "We will talk about little and silly things. Music, the weather, your job, things like that."

I sigh and close my seatbelt, to be prepared.

It doesn't take long before the pilots turn the engines on and gets onto the airstrip. I close my eyes and take a deep breath. My hands are sweaty. Did I already say how much I hate flying?

I can feel how Carlos his eyes are locked onto me. "Stop staring please." I mumble so the people in the back wont hear it.

"Why? The big Lisa Reynolds is nervous?" He teases.

I open my eyes and give him a deadly glare. It's only a flight of three hours. Only three hours.

I watch quite confused while he takes a really old Ipod out of his pocket and plugs earbuds in. Carlos hands me one earbud and puts the other into his right ear. "This is what keeps my mind relaxed during long flights."

I put the left one in my ear and hear the hits from the late 2000's and the early 10's blast into my ear. "You really like the throwback?" I chuckle

"Hey! An Ipod wont give any distractions of other apps and notifications. And we both know that the throwback is amazing. It's better than watching Winnie the Pooh." He smirks.

I scoff and playfully hit Carlos his arm. "You take that back. We all know that Pooh bear is the best Disney out there." As a child Winnie the Pooh was my go to movie. It was Tory his go to movie as well. During the flights we shared together we always watched Winnie the Pooh. It is actualy quite sweet that he remembers the countless times we have watched Pooh bear.

"Hmm I believe Cars is the best one." He still smirks while Dynamite blasts into my ear. I haven't even noticed that we have already reached the height where we can take our seatbelts off.

"You only say that because you drive a red car." I tease as he now playfully pushes my arm. The way he smiles and smirks, the way his eyes sparkle when he talks about something he is passionate about, the way he runs his hand through his hair when he is nervous and all the other little things make me relive the feelings I had many years ago. Yes I dated Harry the asshole, but Carlos let me see what it ment to care about someone.

Carlos hands me his earbud and gets up from his seat. "I have to discuss a couple things with my team. So I don't have to do that in the upcoming days."

I nod and take the earbud from him, placing it into my ear. I look at the time and see that there are still three hours left. Great. I am all alone in the front of a plane where I don't know anyone, except for Carlos and his cousin.

-

I get woken up by a shaking plane. Did I already say that I hate flying? The only one who could calm me down was Tory. The combination of his traumatic death and the date coming up along with turbulence isn't a verry good combination.

My mind is racing and I didn't even notice that my breathing started to get really heavy. It feels like there is a tight band wrapped around my chest and only getting tighter.

"It's okay, it's just the wind." Carlos whispers softly as he takes place back in his seat. He takes my hand in his and gently squeezes it. "Lis, follow my breathing." I do what he says, my eyes are locked onto his.

He reaches up to wipe the escaping tears away. I didn't even realise that I started crying.. I have pannic attacks every now and then. But they never go away this quick.

Carlos pushes the armrest up and wraps his arms around me. To assure me that it is all allright. "Was it a bad dream?"

I shake my head and make myself comfortable against him. "In a couple days it will be 5 years ago.. I hate turbulence and Tory was always the one calming me down. He can't calm me down anymore and that got me into a spiral."

Carlos wanted to say something, but the flight attendant announces that the plane will land soon and everyone should fasten their seatbelts and put their chairs up.

"Where will you actualy stay?" I wonder out loud, trying to keep my mind busy and to avoid the panic attack.

"I will probably stay in a hotel." He shrugs.

"You have two options, or you stay at my place or you stay at my parents their place." My parents invited him over, there is no way he will pay for a hotel. Especialy when he will spent most of the time either at my place or at my parents their place.

"I know your mom wouldn't let me crash in a hotel. But that you would say the same surprises me." He chuckles.

"What can I say? I am Caroline her daughter. We are quite alike with those things." I smirk. It is nice to have Carlos back as a friend. Yeah we aren't on the same level as before the accident, but I am glad to have him back.

"What does your place look like?" I know what he is doing and I appreciate it. Carlos is keeping my mind busy so I can't think about the landing and the shaking plane.

"I live at the end of the world." I smile, which is making him pretty confused. "Did Charles never told you where I live?" He shakes his head and turns a little in his seat so we can face eachother a bit better.

"I am the proud owner of a house at the beach. It is quite private, my house is the last one there while the beach goes on. The house is not that big but it's perfect for me. I do have three bedrooms but I improvised one as a gym." It has always been my dream to own a beach house. The sound of the waves crashing into the shore is relaxing. The salty air reminds me of the summer and it's not far from the garage I work in.

I work as a mechanic, I mainly build bycicles and motorcycles. But I can also work on a car. Since a young age I have been interessted in everything what drives around. Two, three or four wheels they are all amazing. As long as it can ride I am sold.

"I will definitely stay at your place. Having a morning run at the beach sounds better than one in the city."