Chapter: 12

(Backstory: Carla and Marcus gets into a big fight after the baby shower. His mother, even knowing how Carla felt about one went behind her back anyway. After the fight, Carla goes down to cool off when her water broke. After a few hours of labor the twins was finally making they grand entrance.)

(Start scene: A year has passed and the twins are now one years old. The Reynolds household have been full of surprises since they was nine months old. Kaci walked first, and then Keenan was right behind her. Carla was in the kitchen making cupcakes with Gabby help, when Marcus comes in with some young woman.)

Marcus: Hey baby.

Carla: Hi!

Kaci: Daddy!

Marcus: Hey babygirl!

(He bends to pick her up and kiss her cheek.)

Carla: (looks at the girl) Hello I'm Carla, you must be the new artist Marcus been telling me so much about.

Kinzy: Hello, I'm Kinzy, it's very nice to meet you.

Gabby: Hi I'm Gabby, Carla's best friend!

Kinzy: Nice to meet you Gabby.

Marcus: So babe, I was just showing Kinzy here the ropes. I figured instead of making a trip on the other side of town, I'll just bring her with me and meet my family.

Carla: Ok, umm I'm almost done here and then the party will start.

Marcus: Ok, anything you need me for?

Carla: No, I have it, besides you have been working nonstop so go relax. Keenan been dying to get outside to pop the balloons, can you take him.

Marcus: Of course!

(He walks up to her and kisses her lips. He then pulls back and shows Kinzy outside, as he picks up Keenan. Gabby looks at Carla as she finish putting the icing on the cupcakes. Carla feeling her looking at her, stops and side eye Gabby before grabbing a tray.)

Carla: What now Gabby?

Gabby: Nothing, just don't see why she's here!

Carla: You heard what he said.

Gabby: Yeah, but don't mind me, I just find it odd.

Carla: Come on Gabby don't start ok. This is the twins first birthday, and I just want to make sure they are happy.

Gabby: Trust me, they are more than happy.

Carla: Come on let's get this party started.

(They invited kids from the neighborhood and the twins daycare. They had a small carnival theme and even rode ponies to ride. After two hours of playing, they ate and then sing happy birthday to the twins. By seven the twins was tired and ready for a bath and bed, Gale had decided to get them together.)

(Carla was in the kitchen cleaning and putting away the food and cake as Gabby swept the floor.)

Gabby: The twins look like they had a blast today.

Carla: Yeah, did you see Keenan out there, he was all over the place.

Gabby: Well I'm done here, anything else you need from me?

Carla: No, thank you so much for everything Gabby.

(She hugs her and sees her out. She goes back into the kitchen to finish cleaning, just as Gale came down.)

Gale: The twins are down for the night, today must have wore them out.

Carla: Thank you Mrs. Reynolds for everything!