Chapter: 19

(Backstory: Carla and Alex have dinner at his place for the first time. They eat and talk while they sip on some wine. After her third glass, she's feeling good and is having a great time. A song comes on the and it brings back some good and bad memories. She gets emotional and tell Alex about her ex-husband and what he did. After a very tense conversation things take a turn and they are now making out and having sex.)

(Start scene: It's been a couple of days since that night, and Alex have been ignoring her phone calls. She wanted to go by his place, to talk to him but she decided against it. One day she was in her office when she gets a knock on her door and goes to open it.)

Carla: Alex!

Alex: Can I come in?

Carla: Umm sure, come on in.

(She looks at Gabby and Ms. Helen as they give her a look.)

Gabby: Go get your man girl!

(She rolls her eyes and close her office door locking it. She takes a second before turning around and looks at him.)

Carla: Hi!

Alex: Hey!

Carla: (walk towards him) I've been calling you.

Alex: I know, just wanted to take some time.

Carla: Alex I'm sorry for how I left things.

Alex: I guess I can understand from what you been through.

Carla: That's no excuse!

Alex: It's not, but Carla I get it.

Carla: I don't know how to fix this!

(She looks down as he take hold of her hand, bringing his other one up making her look at him.)

Alex: We can always talk about it, see where do we want this to go.

Carla: I'm afraid of getting hurt again, I can't go through that again.

Alex: I will never hurt you Carla!

(She sigh as she looks back down.)

Alex: How about this, how about we both learn how to be in a relationship. We both know what we want, and what I want is right in front of me.

Carla: It's not just me Alex, I come with a lot.

Alex: Yeah, and I should be able to make that choice .

Carla: I'm scared, I feel like that other shoe is going to drop and...

(He shut her up by grabbing her face and pressing his lips against hers. She slowly starts to calm down and kisses him back. They kiss until they both needed some air, while she looks at him.)

Alex: Mmm, you taste minty.

Carla: I had an peppermint before you got here.

Alex: So where are we?

Carla: We should take this slow.

Alex: Ok, and when will I get to meet the kids?

Carla: Can I talk to them first?

Alex: Yeah, whatever is comfortable with you.

Carla: Ok!

(He pull her into his arms and just holds her. She wrap her arms around him and just breath him in.)

Alex: I think I should get going before your nosey friends think we're doing something else.

Carla: (chuckle) I think so too, and thank you for the other night.