𝟎𝟑𝟑 | 𝐁𝐨𝐲𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐈𝐧 𝐃𝐢𝐚𝐠𝐨𝐧 𝐀𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐲

Friday 18th August.

Two weeks left of summer holiday and I have never been happier! I won't have to see Malfoy every day—

Never mind.

He goes to Hogwarts too.

Other than that bad information, everything else has been alright. I pay attention to the days Malfoy goes out with his mates. That way, I can stay at the manor whilst he's out. When he's in the house, however, I run away to Daphne. She bombarded me with her letters after receiving mine and the only logical act I could think of doing is running to her.

Daphne has been to Malfoy Manor before, lots of times, she knew Malfoy before Hogwarts because of pureblood connections.

The conversations we have at her estate are more on the risqué scale. From what she's told me, her and Blaise exchange letters and meet up often. He's been more touchy with her, stuff like grabbing her waist and my days, I don't want to know the rest.

Best friend senses, she knew something had "happened" between me and Malfoy. I told her the funny parts: Malfoy has a fear of spiders, he calls me Rosie, I chased him around the house and I used Ascendio on him which caused him to be flung at a reasonably high distance. I swear it was an accident. I was trying to practice the spell until he walked in.

Then I told her about the more... Well, the parts that haunt me. How he called me dear to make me lose in golf and how I felt. Obviously, I felt like giving him a good beating with my club.

Daphne likes to make hypothetical conclusions.

"What if you stood up and he saw you in your dress? What if he picked you up only to see that your dress is see-through?? What if he– No, he's not like Theo. He wouldn't dare to think so scandalously. Remember, he was raised by Narcissa."

She's almost sour that these fake situations never happened and yet, she likes to tease me about the real ordeal.

The last thing I told her was the difference in Malfoy's behaviour. He used to always push me, pinch me and make me fall on purpose. Now, he only uses magic to do that. I honestly can't remember the last time he stuck his foot out for me to trip over. Daphne thinks he has stopped being overly macho because he's matured.

It sounds fair but also complete rubbish.

There's got to be a catch.

Apart from Daphne, I've also had fun in the manor. I danced in the ballroom with Mum, took care of the plants in the garden with Narcissa. I played music with Camden and Lucius — they both had to find a way for me to keep track of the rhythm, sorry I'm no musical prodigy — and I drew a lovely sketch of the albino peacocks in their waistcoats that Narcissa now keeps hanging in the sitting room.

Since school is starting soon, everybody in this day and age must know that Diagon Alley is the best place to go and get supplies.

The only resources I need are new school shirts. That's exactly why Mum, Narcissa and Malfoy (for whatever reason) are taking me to Madam Malkin's.

The small bell rings as we walk in, indicating our presence. Surprisingly, very few witches and wizards are here buying their uniforms. There are plenty of people outside.

"Lovely to see you again, Dutchess." Madam Malkin comes up to us in her mauve dress, she does a curtsy to me and Mum. "Mrs Malfoy."

"New school shirts for my daughter, please." Mum smiles.

Malkin takes us further into the shop so I can get fitted. There are many clothes on racks and hangers, many ties and many colours. She uses nonverbal magic to lift her measuring tape; it wraps around my waist and chest. Malkin tells the adults and Malfoy to take a seat as she sets me on a stool and starts taking down my measurements. Mum hands me a copy of Witch Weekly from the small table and she starts talking to Narcissa.