𝟎𝟕𝟐 | 𝐇𝐮𝐦𝐛𝐥𝐞 & 𝐈𝐠𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐞

Walking into Defence Against the Dark Arts is truly bizarre. Snape had already infected the room with gloom. The curtains had all been drawn and only a few candles are lighting the room. A few tapestries and paintings hang on the walls and they depict rather grotesque pictures. They show people who seemed to be suffering and almost dying in pain.

Professor settles us in, telling us to hush even if the classroom is in complete silence, staring at the arts in complete fright. Although I think they are quite wicked, it paints a realistic imagery of how Dark Magic is used.

Snape first tells us that he's surprised to see some of our faces here then proceeds to tell us that we will be starting non-verbal spells. He then pairs us up so that one of us will attempt to jinx the other without speaking. And the other attempts to repel the jinx in silence.

When I hear who he pairs me up with I'm shocked out of my mind.

How the fuck did she manage to pass Defence Against the Dark Arts with an Exceeds Expectations? Her father must've gone out of his way to pay a large sum to the Ministry for her to not retake her years.

"Suprised to see me?" Etain smirks, twirling her wand in her hand. "Let's just say that all those tutoring lessons paid off."

"Good for you." I smile.

We practice in equal silence, she occasionally whispers the incantations or blocks my jinxes a few times. I don't like her — that's obvious — but I'll have to credit her for actually trying in her exams and working hard. I would've never expected her to be moderately good at any spells.

Non-verbal spells are fairly easy, or maybe that's just because I know how to control my brain and mouth. I cast a few silent and simple jinxes at the girl, none that would actually hurt her because I'm nice. Without a word, she blocks a few of my jinxes. Then, we switch roles. All of which her jinxes bounce off with my repelling spells.

"What's the deal with you and Draco?" Etain says, "Charlotte tells me you two have been getting closer."

I fold my arms, narrowing my eyes. She took this as her chance to try and jinx me as it probably looked like I was 'unprepared' but, I knew what she was going to do and blocked her.

"Nothing, and I'm being serious here. We're just in the same friend group and he just has a predilection of annoying me."

That hurt to say but, it's all for the best. If she doesn't think I'm interested in him (which I'm not) then she won't throw herself at him. But then again, she'll do it either way. Especially seeing as Theo's been completely ignoring her.

She snorts, quietly so that Snape won't pay attention to us seeing as this is meant to be a silent lesson. Although, he does seem to be pestering Potter.

Etain lowers her voice. "Do you think he's fit? Actually no, I don't even want to hear what you think. We all know you don't have the best selection of men... Remember McLaggen..."

I purse my lips and look at Malfoy, whose stance is straight and tall as he defends himself against Tracey. I never considered McLaggen to even be remotely as attractive as Malfoy...

"So, you do find him fit, I'm glad we can agree on something." Etain smiles coyly. "But he is not fit for someone like you, I doubt you can handle him."

I raise my eyebrows, curious to know what she means. And judging by the look in her eyes, I'm guessing she's intrigued by my curiosity.

"Think about it, you're vanilla ice cream, and he's like chocolate." She hums. "Could you really handle your ice cream becoming filthy, being mixed with chocolate?"