001.

Daisy Luu

I am once again sitting at the bus stop waiting for this damn city bus

I am once again sitting at the bus stop waiting for this damn city bus. It's hella traffic right now plus it's getting late.

It's damn near 6 o'clock I could've been home by now. Today isn't going well for me since I got fired from my job.

I spent my last bit of money on my kids' bus ticket this morning so I could take them to school. Now I have no more money.

I haven't eaten since last week and I'm very hungry as for my twin boys. They haven't eaten since they were at school. I got them from school around 2 pm and now it's 6 o'clock.

This is too much for me right now. I don't have a damn car. My cracked out mother won't let me use her car so now I have to walk everywhere or take the bus. My phone has been cut off since last month and I can't pay my bill.

I took a deep breath as I leaned back on the bench at the bus stop and rubbed my big pregnant belly. I am now 7 months pregnant with twin girls.

Looking at the backed-up road in front of me. I saw one of the hood boys starting at me. His window was rolled down halfway as he was sitting in the passenger seat.

Well, this is weird. I was about to say something until my son Ivano called me.

"Mommy when are we going home I'm hungry" Ivano cried out.

"If the bus doesn't come on time baby then we'll have to walk home again ok. It's getting late so we should go right now. So get up and let's start walking." I said before standing up and straightening out my black solid pencil dress.

I looked down at my boys to see they were getting their things together. Turning around I looked back into the busy road to see they weren't moving at all.

"Fuck" I said shaking my head. This has to be the craziest shit ever right now. I just wanna get home. I turned to see the hood boy still looking at me.

Now his friends had joint in. You gotta be kidding me. Fucking weirdos.

"Fuck y'all niggas staring at. Y'all looking too hard" I'm getting irritated now. They all looked at me like I was dumb or something. Here we go with this dum dum slow shit. "Are y'all on that shit bc you all taking too long to answer."

One of the hood boys responded to me. It was that dum dum slow nigga in the passenger seat that was looking at me before.

"My bad ma I'm just curious."

"Huh. Why are you so curious nigga you all over here" I said getting tired of them already. I looked behind me to see that my son's were ready to go. Shit, I was too.

They look so tired I know all of this walking we have to do is going to make them even more tired. Meaning I'll have to carry them halfway.

"Aye ma what's ya name"

"Boy if you get the fuck out of my face," I said grabbing my son's hands and began to walk away. Walking down the street I seen there was an accident that happened.

"Wow, they fucked both of their cars up," I said shaking my head. I continued to walk down the street keeping my boys close to me as possible.

Since I can't get on the damn bus that means I have to walk 4 hours home with my kids. FOUR FUCKING HOURS.