chapter 17

Jenna's POV

I had just got home from my last day of the acting program, sad yet grateful that it was over. I was ready to go straight to my couch and collapse, and fall asleep instantly. My enticing plan was put on hold when I heard a few knocks on my door. I stopped walking towards the couch and turned right back around to where I had just come from. I opened the door blindly and was greeted with Y/n standing on the other side. I didn't get the chance to say hello before she grabbed my face and kissed me like it was the last thing she'd ever do. I kissed back with a smile forming on my lips.

"I've been waiting all day to do that." She said once she pulled away.

"I missed you." I grinned.

"I missed you more." She replied back. I initiated another kiss, not getting enough of her lips on mine.

"Wanna come in?" I asked, pulling away suddenly.

"I totally would, but I have to go do something." She looked at me as if she were scared of my reaction.

"Like what?" I crossed my arms, and she could hear the disappointment in my voice.

"Doesn't matter." Y/n brushed off. I must have worn my emotions on my face, because she cupped my cheeks affectionately.

"Stoppp! Don't make this difficult for me by looking sad!" She whisper-yelled while gently shaking my face. I rolled my eyes.

"Well what's so important that you won't hang out with me?" I asked softly. I sounded totally pathetic, and it was making me cringe on the inside. But I didn't care.

Y/n looked away from me, and jittered around in place, as if she were holding back something she wasn't supposed to tell me.

"Just...be at my house in an hour." She blurted out. "I'll make it up to you, I promise."

She grabbed my pinking with hers and held our hands up as she promised. She kissed her side of her hand before giving me a quick peck.

"Bye Ortega!" I watched as she bolted down the steps of my apartment, leaving as abruptly as she appeared.

It was my last day in Athens, and I was suppressing a cry that I had been holding in ever since I started counting down the days. I didn't want to leave on a sad note, yet the thought of leaving Maddie and Eddie knowing it was likely I was never going to speak to them again broke me.

I got to spend two more days with Y/n, as we planned on taking a trip to one of the islands as a last getaway before I left for good. She had come up with the idea, and I couldn't think of a better way to spend the last 48 hours than with her.

Ever since we got back from Galaxidi yesterday afternoon, we've been inseparable. My last day of school was the first time we've been apart in days, and I missed her like crazy during those hours. I didn't want to spend a minute without her if I could help it, as I knew I would appreciate it later. I would've done anything for time to stop completely, so I could spend the rest of my life with her and this dreamy city and not have to worry about us ever being apart.

But for now, I was watching the clock, waiting for the 60 minutes to pass.

I left a few minutes early, as I couldn't bear to waste another minute without Y/n. I practically ran out the front door and jumped down the stairs to my bike. I hopped on and pedaled down the boulevard hastily, speeding towards her house on the uneven pavement. It was a little past dusk as the overcast sky was barely visible, and the street lamps glowed damply in the streets. I appreciated even the street and the night atmosphere of Plaka, knowing soon I wouldn't be able to bike manically around it again.