prologue

prologue

warnings: none ig

warnings: none ig

Hiccup packed up his things. No, he couldn't kill that dragon. He just couldn't. Not after he became best friends with one. He loaded the stuff into the lagoon, looking around for the familiar black scales of his dragon. There was cooing off to the side, before he was tackled from behind and was licked by the dragon. "You know that doesn't wash out!" At that, his dragon made some form of a laughing sound. "Buddy, we're leaving."

He turned around, to see the gaping face of his crush, Astrid Hofferson. "Oh no... a Night Fury." Hiccup tried his best to act terrified, but ended up sounding absolutely sarcastic. He did a signal behind his back to the dragon, and the dragon walked over, lifted Hiccup on his back then the two took off, and picked up Astrid. They flew off, and Toothless tossed the girl onto a tree, and landed on said tree. "YOU PUT ME DOWN, RIGHT NOW!"

She swung on the branch. "Let me show you. Maybe you'll see why I don't want to harm dragons." He stated, she only huffed, seeing she had no other choice and got on the dragon. "Then go." She huffed. "After this, keep a secret. And I'll be gone." He mumbled, confusing Astrid. Gone?

(Basically, the romantic flight, which I will NOT be writing. You all know how it went)

Upon landing at the lagoon once more, she finally turned around and faced him. "Hiccup—" She got cut off. "Tell my dad I was dragged off by a dragon. You cannot tell him about the nest, I will handle it. I'm leaving Berk. I'll keep in contact with you once I find a way without you being called out for keeping in contact with me... if you want-.."

She nodded. "That'll do... uhm- Hiccup- just, be safe." She had changed her attitude all thanks to Toothless. "Maybe, I'll convince them dragons are good. For you, I will try."

Hiccup shook his head, "don't try. Berk can't be changed, they think one way, are stubborn. Not exactly the most open minded. Just, don't let so many dragons die to them for me. Also, free the ones in the arena." She nodded at his request, then watched him fly off.

Fly off into the unknown, and secretly, she hoped he'd return some day. She prepared the tears, as she turned to walk toward the village and break the news to the chief his son was taken by a loose dragon. After, she freed the ones in the arena.