Never ~ Chapter Nine

A/N: I don't think there's any warnings for this one 🫶🏻 I just want to thank you guys for continuing to read this! I'm really enjoying writing and seeing where my imagination takes the story chapter by chapter. I don't have a clear plan so if you have any idea please feel free to comment and if not it's a surprise for all of us 😭 I'm improvising as I go 😃

~~~

I spent a few days researching and questioning anyone I thought could have some answers.

Rumple is still locked behind bars and I haven't visited him since the first time.

I've been doing everything I can to keep him off my mind but maybe visiting him again could help me. Maybe if I could figure out how he was feeling I could figure out how to deal with my feelings... what am I even saying. Of course he doesn't feel anything for me! He's hung up on Belle and once she's back he will have her again. I will never stand a chance!

Still, talking to Rumple and reminding myself who he really is could help me focus on other things without him coming to mind.

I'm still not ready to accept the idea of having any feelings for him. I'll deny it forever if I have to. God damn it, Emma! If she hadn't accused me of falling for Rumple, I wouldn't even be questioning myself at all.

... whatever!

~~~

I rushed over to Mary Margaret's place, knocking on the door hoping Emma was in.

Mary Margaret opened the door, "Aurelia? I assume you're here for Emma again?" She smiles, cheerfully and opens the door wider to let me in as I nod smiling back.

"Hey Aura, what's up?" Emma walks downstairs, pulling her jacket on.

"I want to go see Mr Gold again, you need to drive me," I sounded rushed and almost demanding. I didn't mean to be I just really wanted to see Rumple again.

"Are you crazy!?" She whisper shouts, not really wanting to expose me to her roommate while also wanting to get her message across.

I roll my eyes, "Just take me to the station, scold me on the way!" I leave the apartment, thanking Mary Margaret as I walk past her.

~~~

We get in the car, Emma won't stop looking at me. "What?" I ask, giving her the same look back as we wait for the engine to start up.

"You said you hadn't fallen for him!" She exclaims.

"Yeah, I said that and I'll keep saying it!" I laugh, "I don't like him like that, Em. He gave me a roof over my head when I ran out of money for a room in the inn. He's like Mary Margaret to you! He gave me a job, money and a place to stay. The least I can give him is my friendship." I smile at her. That was why I was so friendly to him anyway, the only thing I said that wasn't the full truth was that I didn't like him as more than that. I just, couldn't accept that part yet!

"Fine, I think you're telling the truth this time." She drives onto the road, "Don't make me regret taking you to him, Aura!"

I smile, "Never."

~~~

A/N: Sorry this is such a short chapter but I don't have much time right now! I'm a bit behind schedule to be honest- I'll do two uploads this week to make up for it and the next chapter will be longer and I'll do my best to get a lot into it! Promise 🫶🏻