Escape route ~ Chapter Nineteen

Yeah no chance I'm finishing this at chapter Twenty 🥲 This is kinda where the story stops following OUAT timeline!

~~~ Another time skip later ~~~

After a while of arguing and eventually getting Rumple to give his son a break we all climbed back into the car and set off to Storybrooke. Neal was coming too... for his son of course! But when he continuously yelled at Rumple that he wasn't interested in spending time with him and was only going for Henry, I could see Gold breaking down inside but refusing to show it. After all, he wasn't weak!

We didn't fit very well in the tiny bug car but we were all squished in alright when Henry was sat on Neals knee.

~~~

As we watched father and son sword fighting at Grannys diner from the shop window, Rumple became very tense. "My own son is ignoring me... I'm not so sure if I want to be here anymore. I'm certainly not needed!" He scoffs, storming into the back room.

I thought about home, Emma, my detective work and all the unsolved cases that still sat on my desk. Then my eyes flickered towards Rumple and all want to go home again vanished.

"How can i help you?" I ask him as I slowly walk closer, placing a hand softly on his shoulder.

"What?"

"I want to help you, Rumple. How can I?" I smile reassuringly as he turns his head only slightly to make eye contact with me followed by a little nod.

"I need to get to my castle," he begins, picking up confidence as he goes to his shelves and scans for any form of magic. "Everything I need is there." He then pauses, "although I don't have any magic left..."

"Rumple, you are walking without your cane. You have magic!"

"Not that kind of magic dearie..." he keeps scanning his shop for even a sign of hope.

"Oh..." I sigh, how much I wish I could help the evil yet caring man in-front of me. He was a figment of my imagination in the beginning but now, he felt so real. He was real. "What about Regina?" I ask, considering the vault she was meant to have.

"Well, I wouldn't be too surprised if the queen had provided herself an escape route..." he replies pondering the idea, "I'll talk to her when she comes in next." He smiles, walking towards me.

"Wonderful, Rumple." I smile, looking slightly upwards as he came closer.

He lifts my chin gently, "Would you accompany me to the enchanted forest, Aurelia?" He asks.

I ignore the burning of my cheeks and nod, "Of course I will."

~~~

Sorry this is so short!!