2 | 𝘊𝘢𝘯'𝘵 𝘴𝘭𝘦𝘦𝘱

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──

[ Chapter Two ]

[ Chapter Two ]

AFTER SCHOOL THAT NIGHT, the twins were sitting at the dining table with their father, the siblings silently picking at their food as the silence that enclosed the room slowly drove Morgan crazy.

Their father cleared his throat, making the twins attention immediately perk up as the man said to them, "How are your grades then? Are you actually learning anything at school?"

Isaac was the first to speak, the boy nodded slowly and looked up at their father who say on the opposite head of the table, "Yeah I am dad. So fat it's an A in French and a B- in economics." Their father took another bite of his food off of his fork and hummed, "and what about chemistry?"

Isaac cleared his throat, clearly trying to sound more confident, but his attempt failed as he stuttered out the answer to his father's question, "I'm not sure. Midterms are in a few days so it could go up."

"I don't think that's what I asked Isaac. Now tell me son, what's the grade?" Isaac stayed silent, his gaze stuck on his dinner plate as their father scoffed and rolled his yes and turned his gaze to Morgan, "What about you then? Your grades?"

Morgan cleared her throat and put her gaze down to her lap and said, "It's a B- in French and an A in economics."

Mr Lahey's eyes flickered between his children, an expecting look on his face, but when the two still didn't say a word his face turned sour, "Will you two please tell me that goddamn chemistry grade or should we move this conversation downstairs?"

The twins immediately shook their heads no, both knowing the horrors of what their father meant by the term 'downstairs'.

The man smiled toxically, and said, "Okay. Then tell me the grade," he turned towards his son, "Isaac?"

"It's a D." The boy muttered, their father kept his face calm but you could see the change in his attitude as his grip on his fork tightened making his knuckles turn white, he kept his outburst down, for now at least, and turned towards Morgan and looked at he expectantly, "A D-." She muttered as she returned her gaze to her lap.

The man swallowed and nodded, but the movement was stiff, "Alright, a D and a D-," he glanced at the matching worried expressions on their faces before saying, "don't worry I'm not angry. But you know I am going to have to find a way to punish the both of you though, right? Well anyway, we'll start with something simple. How about you two do the dishes and clean the kitchen, yeah?"

"Okay." The twins said in unison, hoping that was the punishment and nothing worse would come of it.

Their father nodded before taking a sip of water from his glass, "Good. Because I would really like to see this place spotless,". Organ flinched when the man launched the glass onto the wooden floor, it shattering upon impact, "You two understand what I'm saying? I mean this entire kitchen," his picked up another glass and smashed it, the glass soon being followed by his plate to become a pile of shards on the floor, the twins jumped out of their chairs and backed away as their father stood and grabbed a large vase from behind him and rose it above his head, "absolutely," he threw the vase against the wall next to the twins making shards fly everywhere, as they put their arms around their bodies protectively, "spotless."