1 | 𝘎𝘳𝘢𝘷𝘦𝘺𝘢𝘳𝘥

[ chapter one ]

[ chapter one ]

MORGAN HAD NEVER HEARD SUCH DEFENDING SILENCE AS SHE DID NOW, as she and her brother were currently working in the graveyard of the small town they lived in for their father late at night, the sun long set casting the already eerie place under a unsettling blanket of darkness.

Shivers ran up the girls spine as she looked out into the wall of trees that lead to the woods, anything beyond them unseeable due to the lack of light, "I hate it here at night, I always feel like someone's watching us. It's unsettling." Morgan said to her brother, who nodded in agreement, "I'm not this places biggest fan either Morg, but I'd take this over home." Isaac said as he controlled the piece of machinery that the twins currently sat upon.

Morgan didn't miss the way he quickly glanced at his fresh black eye in the wing mirror of the machine, guilt consuming her as she remembered back on how he'd come to get the painful-looking bruise, "You need to stop getting involved when he's mad at me Isaac. That means I did something wrong, not you. It's unfair that you get hurt."

Issac glanced at his sister from the corner of his eyes, a small grin coming up onto his mouth that only seemed to be able to appear when the twins were alone together, "Oh c'mon, Morgan, what kind of big brother would I be if I didn't stop my little sister from getting hurt."

Morgan smiled lightly and scoffed mockingly and rolled her eyes at her brother's ability to cheer her up no matter what, "You're seven minutes older than me, get off of that high horse."

"Seven minutes is seven minutes, still been in this planet longer than you have." Je said with a smug look on his face as he looked towards his sister, but before Morgan could make a snippy comment in return the sound of a twig snapping in the distance made both of their heads peek up and the pair instantly become more alarmed.

"Did you hear that?" Morgan asked quietly as she looked around the graveyard, making sure that she wasn't being crazy and hearing things, but she hit the confirmation that she wasn't her Isaac nodded that he had heard the sound too.

The sound of footsteps in the distance made the hairs on the back of Morgan's neck perk up as Isaac turned the machine in the direction of the footsteps to try and find the source of them, but instead they just sounded like they was getting closer to the pair.

"I swear to god if we get murdered tonight it's your fault." Morgan said quietly as more rustling could be heard in the bushes in the distance, but when Isaac sent her a look she knew she had to shut up as her brother was also becoming increasingly concerned.

Morgan nearly let out a scream when she saw a dirty hand wrap around the side of a grave, its nails long and jagged, it looked like something straight out of a horror movie.

"What the hell." Issac whispered as the thing retrieved its hand from where it had been wrapped around the marbled tombstone, "Okay now I'm actually getting really freaked out." Morgan said as she looked at the piece of stone with a confused expression, but her worry grew even more when the machine the two twins were sitting on switched off completely by itself.