Meeting Niyx

This is a OneShot btw...

Kaiden James had finally arrived back at Akarnae and was ready to get back to his lifestyle. After meeting Alex in the library and explaining everything to her, he sauntered to his dorm to find it empty. Presuming Declan was at the library or the rec room, Kaiden decided to make the most of the time alone and unpack. 

When he was finally finished packing Kaiden gave a sigh of relief and reclined on his bed, closing his eyes and succumbing to the comforts of sleep. Kaiden woke to the sound of someone walking towards his bed. Excited to see his best friend after days of being absent, he shot up from his bed, eager to find Declan at the door

Kaiden stood up and looked towards the doorway, only to find nobody there. Suddenly an arm was wrapped around Kaiden's neck and another around the waist, holding him still. 

"Don't fear Kaiden James, I just want to talk." A male voice whispered, "And don't worry about your friend. He won't interrupt us any time soon."

Kaiden stilled, causing the arms wrapped around him to loosen slightly. Kaiden used it as an advantage to elbow him in the stomach and free himself from the tight grip. Wasting no time, Kaiden punched his attacker. "What have you done to Declan?"

The man was definitely in pain but he recovered unnaturally quickly, amusement dancing in his eyes. He had piercing purple eyes and hair that was quite long. He was very handsome and toned. He looked to be around 30 but Kaiden knew to think otherwise. This man. He was a Meyarin.  

"I did nothing to Declan Stirling, Kaiden. I merely saw him training with some of the other boys in your Epsilon combat." The Meyarin purred, an amused grin tugging at his lips. Why he was so amused, Kaiden didn't know. 

Kaiden arched an eyebrow and asked, "How do you know who I am? And who are you?"

"My name is Niyx, and I have heard a lot about you from my dear friend Alex," Niyx responded casually. 

"Your friends with Alex?" Kaiden questioned. 

Niyx chuckled and said, "I guess you could say we're more than friends. We have...a very long history."

Niyx's eyes were dancing with humour, because of the knowledge that those words would be able to cause jealousy to flood through Kaiden's body. 

'No, not possible. Alex was single. She had to be.' Kaiden thought, ' He liked her, and he knew that the feeling was mutual.' 

Niyx let out a huff of laughter and said, "Don't worry Kaiden. I love her but not in the way you do. I'm sure you know that Alex had a little adventure in the past and while she was there she met me. One night I was hunting, when I got scratched by a Sarnaph, also known as a hyroa. She claimed me and saved my life. I have rotted away in prison for her cause and I intend to return the favour when the time is right. I am her friend. I am her spy. But most of all, I am her protector."  

Kaiden could do nothing but nod his head, shocked as he was. Niyx gave Kaiden a reassuring grin and said, "I want to show you something." 

Kaiden arched an eyebrow and said, "What?"

Niyx smiled and responded, "You will soon find out." With that Niyx activated the Valispath, taking Kaiden with him. Kaiden was shocked but soon recovered, instead finding himself in awe as he noted the rising sun and crisp morning air. Although Kaiden had learnt about the Valispath, he had never known a mortal could use it, which made him all the more excited. 

The Valispath slowed down and they soon stopped at Mount Paedris. Niyx told Kaiden to remain hidden behind some boulders and that he would be back shortly. 

Niyx returned with Alex beside him, causing Kaiden to gasp. Alex's Meyarin senses must have allowed her to hear it because she quickly turned, her eyes narrowing. Kaiden quickly moved back behind one of the boulders and found a new spot to hide when he received Niyx's warning look. 

When Kaiden settled into his new position he gazed back towards the pair as Niyx took off his shirt. Kaiden didn't react, knowing from his wide amount of training during his life that many people prefer to fight without a shirt. Alex didn't react either, confirming Kaiden's presumption about Niyx preferring to train shirtless. 

Before he knew it, Niyx was attacking Alex at such high speed that Kaiden almost thought he imagined it. They kicked and punched and dodged. Kaiden was in awe. He had never seen Alex fight so well, even though she had been in his combat class for months now. He thought about how hard it must've been to hide her Meyarin - 

Kaiden's thoughts were interrupted when he heard a shrill scream. Kaiden was horrified when he saw a thick, bloodied gash along Alex's stomach. 

"It's just a scratch Aeylia," Niyx told her while rummaging through his satchel. Alex only nodded and gratefully took the bottle Niyx handed to her. 

Alex gulped down the contents in the flask at record speed and when she was done, she lifted her shirt and took it off, causing Kaiden to blush. Hard.

"Stars kitten, I told you that it would never work out between us. I mean I'm flattered but I just don't want to lead you on like this," Niyx said in between guffaws of laughter.

"Jeez Niyx, that hurts a lot. I don't know if I can live on after this shattering news," Alex replied with a grin before reaching into Niyx's satchel to get some flowers. Kaiden recognised the flower as Laendra because he had learnt about it in a book he had once read. 

When Alex finished rubbing Laendra on her wound, she and Niyx continued fighting. Niyx pushed her hard and she kept fighting and fighting. When the sun began to rise, they finally concluded. Niyx looked at Kaiden and mouthed, One second, before riding away with Alex. 

Niyx returned after a few minutes to bring Kaiden back to his dorm, grinning at all of the compliments he was given. 

When they returned to Kaiden's room, he saw that Declan was probably still with the other boys in their combat class. Kaiden turned to Niyx, only to see him scribbling quickly - but thoughtfully - on a piece of parchment. 

Kaiden arched an eyebrow when Niyx handed him the scroll and said, "What's this?" 

Niyx looked uncomfortable, something that Kaiden wasn't expecting from the Meyarin. "It's a letter, I want you to give it to Aeylia." 

"Aeylia as in Alex?" Kaiden asked, already knowing the answer. 

Niyx Nodded before continuing, "I want you to give the letter to her in case anything happens to me. I know that if I die, which would probably be by saving her, she would need a word of closure. I also know that she trusts you and feels safe with you, so I decided to track you down, figuring you'd be the best person to give the letter to her."

Kaiden nodded dutifully and said, "I promise that I will."

Niyx smiled gratefully and said, "Can I trust you to protect our Alex no matter what, Kaiden?"

"I'll protect her with my life Niyx."

Niyx nodded and with a sly grin added, "But just so you know, if you ever hurt her I will kick your ass." 

Kaiden let out a hearty laugh and said, "I would never dream of it."

"Also, no matter how hard Alex makes you work for her, it'll be worth it. But I can already tell you've won her heart, she just wont admit it. Stubborn one that one." 

Kaiden laughed again, "Thanks Niyx."

Niyx nodded and said, "It was nice meeting you Kaiden James. Until we meet again."