The Witching Hour

The night was dark and still. The only sound was the soft rustling of the leaves in the wind. Kemi stood at the edge of the forest, peering into the darkness. She had been waiting for this moment for years, and now it had finally arrived.

She took a deep breath and stepped forward, her feet sinking into the soft earth. She could feel the power of the forest all around her, the ancient magic that had been here long before humans had set foot on these lands.

Kemi had always known that she was different. As a child, she had seen things that others couldn't see, heard voices that others couldn't hear. Her parents had been afraid of her, and had taken her to countless doctors and spiritual healers, but none of them could explain her strange abilities.

It wasn't until Kemi was a teenager that she stumbled upon the truth. She had been exploring the forest one day when she came across a group of women gathered in a clearing. They were chanting and dancing, their bodies swaying to the rhythm of the drums.

At first, Kemi was afraid. She had been taught to fear anything that was different, anything that was outside of the norm. But as she watched the women, she felt a sense of belonging, a sense that she had finally found her true home.

And so, she had started to learn the ways of the witches. She had studied their rituals, their spells, their magic. She had learned how to harness the power of the earth and the elements, how to call upon the spirits of the ancestors for guidance and protection.

Now, as she stepped deeper into the forest, Kemi knew that she was ready. She had been chosen to lead her coven, to carry on the legacy of the witches who had come before her.

The night was dark and still. But Kemi was not afraid. She knew that the power of the witches was with her, and that nothing could stop her now.