II

Y/n Pov
Present Time

I was just gazing at the night sky while laying against a wide, and tall tree with Cloud and Raphael when I suddenly heard something coming towards me. I took my eyes off the stars to see what was going towards me, only to my surprise it was a black carriage.

"Hey, Raphael wake up, why is there a carriage here?" I said that with a questioning tone, Raphael being the light, yet deep sleeper he is. He surprising woke up first try, only to say "What? Oh- that's the carriage that takes you to Night Raven College". Only one thought came to mind, and that was 'Why was I going to NRC as an 8 year old? Or is it here for Raphael, but he's 26, he's too old for school, isn't he?'.

Raphael took a minute to fully awaken, he stood up brushing off any dirt stuck to him. After he was done, he simply smiled and said, "Come on, we don't want to keep our carriage waiting, my liege".

While getting up, Cloud flew up and waited for me to stand. Once I stood, Cloud went onto my shoulder, I could feel his talons poking through my clothes a bit as he hanged on. Raphael opened the door to the carriage while waiting for me to get up, he also helped me up into the carriage due to me half asleep. Raphael got in after me, and close the door suddenly we all slowly fell unconscious, before I lost all of my conscious, I felt the carriage starting to move.

~Time Skip~

I woke up in a unfamiliar box, the reason of being awaken was due to loud voices. I felt the box I was in moving, before abruptly stopping only to be opened by a man with a mask that looked to be resembling a crow, he was wearing, what I assumed to be fancy attire with a top hat.

The unfamiliar man spoke up, "Step infront of the Dark Mirror". I stepped out of the box, realizing my attire was cover by black ceremonial robes with gold trimming and the inside purple. I could tell other people were curious as to why I have a bird with me, but I continued to walk to the mirror taking in the different things around me, after taking in what seems to be different groups of people. I stopped infront the mirror that has a face in it. It suddenly spoke, which startled me a bit, "State thy name" I replied with my best sounding voices to appear more confident than I actually am, "Y/n Silas". The mirror took a few seconds before announcing "Diasomnia!", I looked around for my group, once I've spotted people waving towards me, I walked over.

I saw the crow looking man do the same to another box, I couldn't tell who it was but they got assigned to Diasomnia as well. Suddenly the human crow walked out, than a short red headed boy spoke up "We're done with orientation and dorm assignments?
All right, new students-let me be clear. At Heartslabyul House, I am the law. Break the rules, and it's off with your head!"

That caused a chain reaction of people saying things.

A tall boy who had lion ears and a tail, yawned and said "Well, that ceremony was as boring as ever. I'm going back to the dorm. If you're in Savanaclaw House, follow me."

Some shady looking dude with glasses spoke up, "New students! Allow me to be the first to congratulate you on your achievement. As dorm leader of Octavinelle House, I am honored to have the opportunity to support you in what I hope will be a fulfilling campus experience."

A pretty boy with blonde hair with purple tips said, "Hey, does anyone know where the headmage went? He disappeared midway through the ceremony..."

Voice from Tablet mumbled under his breath,"Some headmage he is."

A boy with white hair and carmine eyes innocently said, "Maybe he had a tummyache?"

That caused Headmage Mr Crow Man to walk in with a grey cat(?), and a student behind him. I spaced out while petting Cloud, but I picked up that Headmage Bird was infact not having a tummy ache, and went to find the last student. Birdmage told the student to go infront the mirror, so here we are. The mirror spoke once again, "State thy name", the mysterious student spoke in a slightly timid voice, "Enma Yuuken", the mirror took a little while to respond but it said "The nature of your soul is.......unclear to me".

After a few seconds of pure silence, "What did you just say?" Birdman lightly said due to shock, "I sense no magical power from this one. Soundless. Colorless. Shapeless. Utterly vacant.
Therefore, no dorm would be appropriate." The mirror spoke, I could see the student took offense to that. I mean who wouldn't be offended when someone tells them their soul is soundless, colorless, and shapeless?

HeadCrow coming out of shock replies with, "Are you suggesting that the black carriage went to receive a person who cannot even use magic?
But that is absurd! The student selection process has not erred once in its century of existence!
How could this have happened?".

Yes, I'm leaving a cliffhanger. I tried to finish this up a bit faster because I'm working on a essay for school.

Y/n in this is kinda based off of Venti from Genshin Impact, not really though, just mainly for the clothes, wings, a thing for freedom and a wanting for place without tyrants.

I literally took a online quiz for y/n's dorm based on the answers he would have, I got Diasomnia as the result. Personally, I'm Ignihyde, which dorm are you in?

• Someone immediately took interest in y/n (Platonic)

I feel like I have to keep mentioning it's platonic because I don't want pedophiles thinking this is romantic when its clearly platonic.

• Someone is happy you're shorter than them

• Everyone wonders why you have a bird, but brushes it off as a familiar