An Oath to Fulfill

....my pride and joy...

House of Kirstein

Small hands folded the letter she read and placed it inside a box which she slid under the bed.

 She felt someone's presence from behind and flinched as soon as strong hands picked her up as if she were a bag of bones. 

"Don't disappear in the middle of the night. Your maids are crying", a stern voice made the child crouch while being held in her father's arms. "Sorry Father but I always told them that I won't cause any trouble", Raziela, the five-year-old daughter of Duke Kirstein gave a slight pout. "Raz, children should be vulnerable and just accept the protection of the adults", Zale started walking out of the room that had been empty for seven years. He noticed the silence from his daughter and checked on her. "Your name means power of the sea and you have eyes like that of a calm ocean", the child suddenly spoke which made Zale's eyes widen. "How did you kno-", he was cut off before finishing the sentence as another lad hugged him from behind. "How come I am not included with your ghost hunting?!", Gaius, the first son of the Duke gave small punches. The Head Maid came running pulling the silver head from Father. "Please forgive us, Duke. We'll make sure the young master will not be acting the same way", they all bowed. "Raz and Gai, listen to the Head Maid", Zale gave a sigh. Gaius threw himself to his sister and gave a tight hug. 

"I'll walk with brother. Since Father is tired, we can just walk in the garden tomorrow", Raziela bowed politely. Her Father gave a small smile and responded. "Have a good rest, Father", Gaius grabbed on his sister's arm and started running in the corridor once more.

"Be careful, young master. Lady Raziela still haven't recovered from her fall", Micah, the head maid said with a worried voice. "You're a worrywart, Micah. See, I can already see wrinkles", Gaius pointed at her eyes. "How can that be? It's dark. I'm not that old", the forty-year old maid cupped her face. Gaius just laughed and continued dragging his sister. Though they aren't twins, they looked the same except the color of the eyes. One child has his father's calm and soothing blue eyes while the other was inherited of fiery red eyes. 

10 years after...

"You still give tight hug, brother

"You still give tight hug, brother. Are you feeling sad that you're no longer able to lazy around the house", Raziela chuckled and patted Gaius' back. "I will be away for three years and there will be no one to take care of my precious sister", he said with a sad tone. "You're the one who said it. Don't worry too much or else you'd age earlier", she gently pulled away from the hug. "Three years might be too long but Father and I will be waiting for you. We'd throw the best banquet if you wish", the lady raised her hand to gave an oath. 

3 Years After,

Raziela woke up from the sound of horses marching towards their mansion. She peeked from the window and saw torches lit up. "Milady, please stay in your room", Micah said without opening the door. "Did something happen? Why are they here at this hour?", she walked towards the door. "Raz, stay in your room", Zale repeated and she could hear him storm away. The lady opened the door and followed even with Micah crying for her to listen to the head of the house. 

Raziela ran down the stairs and saw the door wide open. She could see the Emperor and the Crown Prince. There was a bitter look at the prince's face. In his arms would be the cape that she embroidered for her brother. She ran towards him and did not hesitate to take it from the royalty's grip. "You have to say your greeting, Raz", Zale said with a sad tone. "There is no need. I came here personally to apologize", the Emperor patted Zale's shoulder and turned to walk away. 

"I am-", the Crown Prince grabbed on Raziela's arm with his face flustered. "Your brother gave his service to the Empire and his sacrifice will not be wasted. I will make sure to make this Empire powerful", he bit his lip. 

Another war was raged and the head of Kirstein lost his life

Raziela Alexandra Kirstein died a year after her brother Gaius Casmir Kirstein. 

It was said that the death of her brother and father made her fell into madness.