What A Rival Means

The Next Days,

Royal Hall

"He does have too much fondness for her sister", Glen stood beside Raziela who is in Gaius' disguise, and Ciaran

"He does have too much fondness for her sister", Glen stood beside Raziela who is in Gaius' disguise, and Ciaran. "Have you no fear of standing next to people who can slit your neck anytime?", Ciaran threatened the man. "Don't be like that, Sir Traun. As you can see, I already have immunity here in Arden. Same goes with the Empire of the North, the kingdom you refused to call by its name", Glen gave a short laugh. Raziel decided to ignore the man and focus on her duty. All she has to do is to protect the Crown Prince from any danger.

"They're bothglowing", she said her thoughts out loud. Ciaran nodded and looked at hereyes.

You shone like them when we were younger, Raziela.

The royal sibling had their first dance. "Now it's time for me to steal the show", Glen stepped forward and asked the princess for a dance. Watching the blonde walk away, Raziel remembered the first time she clashed swords with the man.

It was a raid. We were about to sneak into the Palace through an underground passage that was drawn on a map that was given to us by an unknown person. Along with the strongest men we had at that time, we decided to end the agonizing cold winter. In that passage was just one person. It was just one person but all my comrades fell with only me standing. Fellow soldiers who I had been with were all beheaded. Everything was so fast and I could not follow through.

Ciaran held on to Raziel's shoulder and felt her shaking.

"Why are you two having such a face in my sister's coming of age? Also, I believe you brought Sir Kirstein's sister as your partner", Edel approached the two. Raziela gulped as soon as she heard the Prince's voice. "Our apologies, your highness. I believe she is not feeling well and so she went home", Ciaran bowed his head. "What a weak woman. It's the princess' coming of age. It's not a battle. Go change your clothes. You are invited this time as sons of the Duke. There are capable knights to keep the peace and order of the Palace", Edel ordered. "But-", the lady was about to protest but Ciaran dragged her along with him.

Powder Room

"I came here to escape for a while", the Crown prince sat on the couch. "You can change ahead", Raziela faced the wall. Edel raised his brow while seeing such behavior from the knight.

He's seen so much male body during training.

"You have to change immediately", the prince ordered making Raziela gulp. "Your Highness. I will change right away and accompany you back to the royal hall", Ciaran removed his clothes. Edel studied his body. Unlike the other soldiers, he doesn't have many cuts. If it were to be the Captain of the Order, would the knight's body show the tragedy of the wars? He looked at the silver white-haired knight. "What are you waiting for?", Edel crossed his arms. The door opened. "His Majesty is looking for you, Your Highness", Avniel informed.