What else would I lose?

I remember running away from the palace

I remember running away from the palace. What else would I lose? My brother who promised to go home after the expedition died in the hands of the enemy. My father was sent on a suicide mission to appease the neighboring kingdom and make sure their loyalty remained to the empire. 

"Raziela, you need to go back to the Palace. You shouldn't disgrace yourself by appearing this weak", a stern voice called her attention. The lady who was on the ground turned to see a dead look from the man he married, the one who is now the father of the Empire. 

Those cold stares send chills to my bones. Instead of being embraced and being comforted, you care for the reputation of the royal family. 

He was getting closer. "There is nothing more heroic than dying for the land of the next generation to thrive. Do not grieve. Their lives were not wasted", those words should be enough for Raziela to feel proud of being the daughter and brother of the proud house of Kirstein. She remained seated on the ground and the rain started to pour. Words cannot come out of the lady's mouth. 

He was just standing in front of me. I wish he could just reach his hand out but it was as if he wanted me to stand on my own. I shouldn't be expecting anything. This marriage had always been on the grounds of political arrangements. 

As the day passed, she was wasting away; unable to eat and unable to sleep.    

______________________________________________________________________________

That's up to you to decide. If you won't lose your sanity, maybe you will be able to choose the things you don't want to lose. 

House of Kirstein

With heavy panting, Raziela seemed to wake up from a long sleep. She turned to her side and saw his brother crying. 

"Are you hurt?!", the lady reached out her hand and Gaius grabbed it

"Are you hurt?!", the lady reached out her hand and Gaius grabbed it. "I didn't know you were going to wake up. I am leaving tomorrow for the expedition. I thought I would be strong enough to leave you and Father. After I leave, you also be engaged with the Crowned Prince. Who knows that I will no longer be able to call you my little sister if I can come back", Gaius poured his heart out.