Chapter 1

I know a few things in life is not always what they seem. You have to know that, if you are living life already. I may still be young, but being nine years old isn't something to not start paying attention to things around you. I mean sure from what grown-ups say is we children shouldn't be worried about such things until we get older, and that our lives at the moment are supposed to be all about fun and games, and just being children.
But I honestly feel like if you don't start early, then it could be too late. With my dad being gone, and somewhere out there, and not dead like it was to be believed, life around the house, just isn't fun and games. I know he's not truly dead, because I felt his presence that day. The day of his Funeral. After Grandma and Grandpa took us out to eat. But that was just the first time, the second time was last Christmas, when we we're all at Grandma's and Grandpa's house. I felt his same presence down stairs. But when I went to investigate, nobody was there. But the next morning, while we opened presents, there was three mysterious presents that had no name but it was to Jake Jr, Charlie, and me. And I knew it was from Daddy. The boxes we're small. But each one was wrapped in Grinch paper. Daddies favotite. Jake Jr and Charlie had gotten rings. Jake Jr's was a Batman ring. More to be exact, a Batman Who Laughs ring, while Charlie's was a Flash Ring. Or Evil Flash from Daddy's show. When I opened mine, I had a tiny necklace locket. It had a picture of Daddy and Me, when we we're at the beach. Just before Jake Jr and Charlie we're born. I looked up at my parents and I could tell they we're keeping a secret from me. But every time I asked, they would always tell me that it wasn't from him. But I knew.

I woke up, got ready for a beautiful Saturday morning, and I got out of bed, got dressed, walked out of my room, woke up my brother's, and then went out to the kitchen, made me and them a bowel of cereal, turned on the TV, and then I walked into Daddy's game room, and sat down on his chair. I looked around the room, like I did every morning, looking at the posters, and slowly ate my food.
Daddy was a collector of posters. Whatever he didn't have on the walls, he had the rest in his closet. Both of my mom's had added to his collection over the years. With their New Albums, and movies. My second mommy Jenna didn't sing professionally, but sometimes she'd help me when I was at the Piano. Jenna did do more seasons of Wednesday, and then she came out with a Beetle Juice 2, and two more Scream movies before she started working on some new stuff. They both made sure to get Daddy new Posters of the Scream movies, and I have to admit, they look cool. I have wanted to watch them since Jenna did Scream 7 and Scream 8, but that's only because I heard some kids talking at School, that there is a guy in both movies who looks like my Daddy. Plus looking at the posters, I get this feeling, like he's there.
When I finished up my cereal, I stood up, walked into the kitchen, put my bowel and spoon in the sink, and I walked over to my parents bedroom, quietly opened the door, and they we're both still asleep. I walked in, shut the door, walked over to their bed, climbed up to where they slept, and layed in-between them.
I listened to their breathing as I felt their chests motion back and forth, and I smiled a little, and I missed the days when Daddy was here sharing the bed with my mommy's. I'd have to get up super early some mornings just to beat him awake, and it felt nice to have him wake up, just to find me cuddled in the bed, and he wrapping his arms around me, and kissing my tiny head. Lately I've just been depressed, that without him here, my grades have slipped, everyday at home becomes so gloomy, that I don't even leave my room, and I always fake smiles around everyone. I know it's probably a little sad to hear all this, but I don't ever talk to anyone about it, and I just keep it bottled up inside. I'm sure my parents know, but every time they ask me about it, I avoid the subject, and talk about other things.
I mean how would you feel, if you we're in my situation. I know that you wouldn't want to talk about it with anyone else, and I know you would keep it bottled up as well. I felt my parents move in their sleep, which meant they we're about to wake up, so I climbed out of bed, and quietly walked out of their room, seen that my brothers we're still watching Daddy's show, and I walked out onto the back patio, and sat down in a lounge chair.
I watched as the early-riser families set up spots on the beach, getting ready for their beautiful day, enjoying the beach, and I listened as my parents we're in the shower.
I could hear them talking, and I stopped listening. I stood up, walked down the stairs, to where the beach was, and I went and sat on the bottom step, letting my tiny feet be covered by the sand, as I wiggled my toes and dug them into the sand.
I watched as the other children we're playing with their daddies, and it just made me miss mine even more. I mean sure, I've always missed him, but four years of him being gone, has really just started kicking in last year. Which is when I started making myself more distant from everyone, I mean sure I still take care of Jake Jr and Charlie, but that's just for breakfast. After that, they don't see much of me until I decide to let them. I mean there are some days where we do things as a family, but I rarely participate in the activities. I just don't want to bring them down to where I am. Because they're always so full of life, and always happy, that ruining that would probably break everyone in the family.
My parents are struggling just as much as me, but only because he isn't here. Plus, they have three children to take care of, so they have to push forward, to make it so we don't end up in a Foster home or something. Even though I know it wouldn't happen, because they are good parents. I listened as my parents walked out of their bedroom, and into the living room.
My momma Selena said, "Where is Franny?"
Charlie said, "Outside again."
My momma Selena said, "She's still missing him. And she won't talk to anyone about it."
My momma Jenna said, "Just give her time. She will eventually."
I guess they do know how I've been feeling.