Chapter 2

While sitting in my spot, with my feet still in the sand, I heard a meow, and when I looked over, Koneko was sitting beside me on the step I was on. Koneko was a small white cat. Her and her sister Kuroka had appeared a couple days ago. A couple days before that, a Five Nights at Frenni's Award Statue appeared for Daddy's room. Yesterday a box with two lightsabers appeared.
And there was a note that said, "Don't touch. Can hurt you."
It was also put in Daddy's room. I believe the Cats are Daddy's as well, but it would be wrong to keep them only in his room. I patted Koneko on her head, and watched as the waves came in and out. I have always felt like something is up with Koneko and Kuroka. I feel like they aren't just cats. I mean, I've heard talking some nights, in my parents room, and there would be four voices, instead of two. And I knew they weren't on the phone with someone. So I feel like they might be secretly hiding thier true idenities. But then I also wondered where daddy found all these things, and why he didn't just come home. So that everything could go back to normal again. Maybe he is scared to, because he's supposed to be dead, and people would ask a lot of questions, on why he faked his death, and he might get into trouble with the law.
I looked over at Koneko, who was watching me intently. Ever since she arrived, she has always been by my side, while her Sister is always around Jake Jr Charlie. It feels like they are doing a job, where they have to make sure we stay safe, while Daddy is gone.
I say, "Did he tell you to keep an eye on me, is that why you're always trying to be by my side?"
Koneko started rubbing her tiny head on my leg, and meowed. I patted her head again, I got up, walked up the stairs to the back patio, turned into a bat, flew up to the roof, and sat down. Koneko was meowing at me, and then she eventually layed down on the lounge chair. I watched the families who we're still on the beach, having fun. Looking at them laugh, while thier daddy chased them into the water, or helped them make sand castles, and I sighed sadly. My eyes started to tear up, and I put my tiny bat head into my wings, and just started crying. I could hear my parent's flying up to where I was, and I felt thier tiny bat wings, wrap thier arms around me, and I continued to cry.
My momma Selena said, "Just let it out. We know it's been bottled up for so long."
My other momma Jenna said, "There you go baby girl. Just let it out."
I continued to cry, and after a while of being soothed, I pulled my head up, and said, "Why does all the bad stuff happen to Daddy? I mean I know that people who go into the Army, some don't make it back safely or at all, but nobody deserves to lose someone. Especially us. He is a good Daddy, and a faithful husband to you both. So why does he never get to catch a break? It isn't fair."
My Mommies both started to tear up, and Selena said, her voice breaking, "I know baby. I've thought the same thing. He deserves happiness as well. But he isn't here anymore, for that to ever happen."
I look up at her, anger in my eyes, and I say, "You're saying that like he's actually dead."
My Mommy Selena said, "He is."
I shrugged both of thier wings off of me, even though Jenna didn't deserve it, and I said, "Stop lying to me! I know he is still alive, and he's out there somewhere. If he's afraid to come home, we can bring him home, and hide him from everyone."
My Momma Selena said, "Francia, please just calm down. You don't yell me at me like that."
I look over at Jenna, my eyes starting to tear up again, and I say, "Please don't lie to me. I know he's really not dead. I felt his presence twice. The first was after the Funeral, and the second was when I got that Locket for Christmas. Please. Momma Jenna."
I see Momma Jenna look over at Momma Selena, her eyes pleading.
Momma Jenna says, "We both know she's a smart girl Selena, so maybe she deserves to know the truth. If we don't, she may resent us later, when she's older, and I don't want that. I know you don't want that either."
I look over at Momma Selena, tears still rolling down my cheeks, and sighed, wiped away my tears with her bat wings, and said, "Okay."
I watched as she stayed quiet for a couple minutes, and then she said, "He is very much still alive..."
I become instantly happy, and I say, "Then let's go get him. Like you and Grampa did when he and Momma Jenna we're stranded on that Island."
Momma Jenna said, "How did you know about that? You we're sttill pretty young."
I said, "Grandma told me, and I just happened to have remembered it."
Both of my mommies smiled, and Selena continued, "It's not as simple as that one was sweetheart. Daddy was still on our Earth. Right now he's not, so it would be difficult for us to bring him home. He's having to save Worlds elsewhere, and everytime he succeeds, he is allowed to send home a gift."
I say, "So the lightsabers, that statue, and our cats are from him succeeding. I knew it."
Both of my momma's laugh, and nod.
I say, "So Koneko and Kuroka are from one of those places?"
My Momma Selena nods, and says, "They came as a bundle, since they are real sisters. And they are Shapeshifters. Plus Daddy, instructed them to take care and watch over his childen."
I look at Koneko, and I say, "I knew it."
Koneko meows and stretches, before going back to sleep.
I say, "Then why do they only change back, when we're all in our rooms?"
Momma Jenna says, "Because your Daddy didn't want to scare you guys, or make our neighbors suspicious, about our family. you know how they are. Always creating gossip, where it doesn't belong."
I nod, and say, "Stupid noisy neighbors."
Both of my mommies laugh, and then my ears perk up, and I start sniffing the air. A familiar smell I know too well. I start looking around.
Momma Selena says, "What is it?"
Happy tears start forming in my eyes, and I say, "I smell Daddy. But I don't know where he is."
A car door opens and shuts in the front of the house, we all look up, and we watch as someone gets out of the back of a Cab, and as soon as thier feet touch the ground, I feel a tiny shift that is happening all around us. And there staring at the house, wearing his suit and a pair of sunglasses, is my Daddy.
Excitement washes over me, and I quickly fly onto the back porch, switch back, and run to the front door, swinging it open, and I run into his open arms when he see's me, engulfing me into a giant hug.