3

" Go to your room and study, please." Daksh instructed, sending Roshni to her room.

What happened in school? Ayaan inquired.

Daksh threw the answer sheet at Ayaan, who caught it and examined it closely.

"She left her paper blank, but why? She will fail in the final if she continues this behavior, Daksh... Wait, you won't scold her too harshly, right? She will perform well in the exam, don't be too hard on her."

"I don't even raise my voice at her. But I need to have a conversation with her, or else she might end up in tears later, or worse, she said something to her teacher. I don't know," Daksh said, holding his head.

"I can't believe you don't say anything to her. I mean, I still remember my school days when you used to discipline me," Ayaan said, laughing. Even through in past it was dreadful but now it's just one of the things which make him laugh.

"Okay, jokes aside, please talk to her. Where is she?" Ayaan ask looking around.

"In her room, probably studying. And I never did anything to you," Daksh replied, glaring at him.

"Mom called me, didn't you pick up her call?"

"I don't have time for this. She can handle Kanak and her business in London. I will handle both of you. I don't need any help with this." Daksh said in uninterested tone.

"Don't worry, bhaiya ( brother). Mom also doesn't like living there. You are free from me now, you know, because I'm not just Ayaan, I'll be a Doctor Ayaan soon" Ayaan boasted.

"Let me meet some of your fangirls so I can flirt with them," Ayaan suggested, receiving a light slap on his head in response.

"Rest for now. If you need anything, just call Aunt and don't leave without informing me," Daksh said, heading upstairs.

He opened Roshni's door slowly but found no one inside.

He sat on her bed and waited for Roshni.

After about half an hour, Roshni emerged from the bathroom. Daksh looked her up and down. She was now wearing a long black suit.

"You took a long shower in there," he remarked.

She didn't reply, just nodded her head. Her quiet behavior was starting to irritate him now.

He locked the door from inside first, then turned towards Roshni, who was biting her nails.

"What comment did you made to the teacher?" he asked calmly, pulling up a chair and sitting on it.

" But teacher already scold me for this. " Roshni said quietly.

"Why don't you share this with me?" Daksh asked, taking her hand and kissing it.

"I thought you would be upset."

"No matter what my reaction would be but it would be worse if I heard it from someone else. So, will you inform me about everything from now on?" Daksh said softly as Roshni nodded in agreement.

"So, what did you tell your teacher?"

He scolded me for a blank paper, so I told him, "I didn't write anything because I wasn't in the mood. If he wants to see answers, he can write them himself," Roshni replied in the same tone as if she were speaking to the teacher.

Daksh looked at her with an amused expression.

"Why did you speak to him like that, Roshni? It's not right," Daksh said, making her look at him.

"But he was so rude and full of ego while talking to me, so why should I watch my tone?" Roshni almost whined.

"I understand, but you shouldn't talk like that to any of your teachers, understand?" Daksh said. Roshni nodded in agreement.

"Do you want to come downstairs or stay in your room?" Daksh asked, expecting her to come down.

"I'll stay here," she said, playing with her fingers.

Daksh nodded and left the room.

"Where did you leave Roshni? You didn't scold her, right?" Ayaan asked.

"I did talk to her. What should I do to get her out of her room? I used to think she stayed in her room because she was studying during holidays, but that's not the case," Daksh replied.

"Don't worry, just make her feel comfortable," Ayaan said, changing the channel.

Although a movie was playing on the screen, Daksh was lost in thought. After some time, Roshni came down on her own and sat beside Daksh, lightly pulling his shirt. Daksh looked at her.

"Can you lend me your phone for a while? I'm feeling bored. If you don't want to, it's fine. I'll just go back," Roshni said, getting up from her seat.

"Wait, sit down. Let's watch a movie," Daksh suggested. Roshni looked at him, then at the screen.

"I don't want to. I'll just go back," Roshni replied, starting to walk away. However, she stopped when she heard his voice. He stopped her and handed his phone to her. She took it and ran to her room.

"You should convince her to stay with us instead of letting her go. I have to leave now. I just received a message from my roommate. I'll see you later," Ayaan said quickly, grabbing his bag and leaving the house.

Meanwhile, Daksh started working on his laptop. After a few hours, he went to Roshni's room and found her watching videos while munching on some snacks. She looked at him with her big, innocent brown eyes. He simply smiled and sat beside her.

"Now, give me the phone. You shouldn't use it for too long. Do one thing, grab your books and come to my room. You can study there for a while," Daksh suggested, taking his phone from her hand and putting it in his pocket.

"I'll just study in my room. You don't have to worry," Roshni replied.

"Roshni... Okay, if not studying, then let's watch a movie. I'm getting bored alone. You're in your room and Ayaan went back to his hostel," Daksh proposed.

Roshni agreed and went with him. While watching the movie, Roshni fell asleep halfway through. Daksh covered her and went to his room.

Months went by like this, and everything was going well according to Daksh. Roshni was becoming more open with him, and she was slowly returning to her old self.

Daksh was in class, teaching his students, when his phone started ringing continuously.

"Everyone, solve this question on your own. I'll be back in just a few minutes," he said, stepping out of the class to answer the call.

"Hello, Mom. Why are you calling me? I'm at college right now. I'll call you later."

"Wait Daksh, it seems like you are extremely busy. Okay, here's what you can do: make Roshni's passport and I will take care of her and handle everything," his mom said in an angry tone.

"What happened?" Daksh asked with frown .

"Nothing. Since you're so busy that you can't keep an eye on Roshni, it's fine, I'll do it," His mom replied.

"Mom, what happened? Can you tell me?" Daksh asked again.

"Daksh, lower your voice. Are you even aware of Roshni's behavior and attitude in school? First, she was silent, and now she's going in the wrong direction. Can't you handle her properly? Are you so busy that you don't know she keeps submitting blank papers in every single test? She doesn't do what her teachers tell her to do. Roshni is not like this, so why is she behaving like this? I keep receiving calls and messages from her school. And why are you letting her take leave? Is she sick or something?" she said angrily.

"Are you kidding me? She goes to school every day in front of my eyes, and whenever I ask her about her work, she says she has already done it," Daksh defended himself.

"Daksh, first go to her school. They have asked for your presence and give them your number for contact. Take care of her. You are more than capable of it, so why are you acting like this?" his mom advised.

"I don't know any of these things. I will take care of everything. You don't have to worry," Daksh said, cutting the call.

"What did you do, Roshni?" he mumbled to himself before continuing with his class.